cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

SD card stopped working

the SD card in the S10E stopped working last week, it came back once but then disappeared again.  i have removed the sd card tray several times buit the phone just does not recognize it anymore - phone is a year old

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sun

Re: SD card stopped working

Its most likely the SD card. It's probably corrupt. Some SD cards will do this depending on the brand. When you removed it did you unmount it first through the settings? You might have to replace the SD card.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: SD card stopped working

It's possible that the SD card may have become unseated, perhaps if the phone dropped. Try taking the card out and then reinsert it. If the SD card is still not working, the card might be corrupted. You can try plugging the SD card into a computer to see whether it works well. Then you can fix the corrupted SD card with chkdsk. This tutorial will be helpful: https://iboysoft.com/data-recovery/raw-drive-recovery/fix-corrupted-sd-card-using-cmd.html