cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userR5lRf50o41
Astronaut

[SOLVED] Two separate conversations combined into group chat after Smart Switch from S5 to S10+

Hello,

Edit: 

I solved the problem by repeating Smart Switch and choosing to transfer only the last year of messages as opposed to all messages.

Please help me with this.

On my S5 I had two completely separate personal conversations which were not group chats, with people A and B. After I completed the Smart Switch to my new S10+, all of my text messages to people A and B have been combined into a group chat with me, A and B - and I cannot separate them!

Oddly enough, any image messages or MMS messages (long enough that they were over 1KB I think) have remained under the one-on-one coversations - however all short text messages are now in the group chat. 

I don't want this group chat to exist, and I don't want either person A or B to see the messages I sent to the other. How can I return the messages to separate conversations without losing all of my texts?

Thank you for your help in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: [SOLVED] Two separate conversations combined into group chat after Smart Switch from S5 to S10+

Hey @userR5lRf50o41, I hope you're doing well.

I'm happy to see you resolved your issue. This will definitely come in handy for anyone else with similiar issues.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.