cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0tCK5KmqR5
Constellation

Re: SPL 2019-08-05

Had the exact experience with AT&T and now spent time with two different Samsung customer service reps, who had zero helpful information.  Said we just need to wait for Google to push the new updates...  AWFUL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

userf5QF3z6kqW
Astronaut

Same here with S7... Smiley Sad

I'm wondering if anyone from Samsung cares reading /monitoring this discussion... so many people are loosing valuable time on a important security patch known for weeks... and not a single relevant feedback from the company... boy.. this is sad. Instead, they keep sending me ads on the s10 and the new Note10. Why should I even start considering it.. :€

Samsung_LVzqmrY
Astronaut

This morning I did get the August 1 patch (S10 unlocked,...

This morning I did get the August 1 patch (S10 unlocked, US). However, my company is specifically requiring the SPL to be August 5, not August 1. Will we ever get SPL August 5?

userDOe6ORXYng
Constellation

Re: This morning I did get the August 1 patch (S10 unlocked,...

ATT told me this week.

userq6tSSl36sq
Astronaut

I have the same issue.

After spending 2+ hours dealing with Samsung customer service (which is a joke as far as "tech support" is concerned -- I had to explain the SPL and update process to them), they confirmed that the update Verizon customers will receive today (8/19/2019) has the 2019-08-01 SPL, and we should not expect the 2019-08-05 SPL for another month. I hope this is not the same for the rest of the carriers, but I suspect that it is since the development of the update comes from Samsung not from the carrier.

userXdCivGDzyk
Constellation

Galaxy S10, Unlocked by Samsung on T-Mobile carrier.

That was yesterday, 8/19, like others here also lost work email access, can't even imagine when will they release SPL 2019-08-05 if they just released July 1st security patch :-\

Samsung customer "support" is terrible, as technical as a cat.

keep sending me the physical service centers..... as if that would help (they just run SmartSwtch there).

They don't even understand what i'm writing, asked for a tier2, they said they don't have a tier2.

I guess it was a mistake to buy unlocked? I think the carrier branded get the patches earlier somehow....

userk8JJILSRFq
Astronaut

I have the same issue. I'm locked from accessing work which is very frustrating. Seems like Samsung is not reliable and doesn't support or stand behind its products. 

mmc2107
Constellation

Similar story, but on T-Mobile.  So not a matter of whether a carrier phone or unlocked.

Blacklisted from work emails and such as well. Ugh.  Next phone I'm getting a Pixel or iPhone.

user669w7nBBor
Constellation

That's it. I am done with Samsung. This is the last Samsung phone in my household.

Samsung_QIi8dys
Astronaut

I got an update this morning on my Note9, but it wasn't the 8-5.  I am going to the store and buying an iPhone or a Pixel.  According to our IT team, iPhones never have this issue and I'll never get locked out of work email and if I need to have an Android phone, Pixels are the first to get the updates and if they lag at all, tend to only be behind for a day or two...

Done with Samsung, so is the rest of my house...I love this phone, I hate the fact I've lost work functionality for 10 days now...I simply cant deal with it any more.