Original topic:

Samsung DEX isent working between S10 x Windows 10

(Topic created: 10-12-2019 06:59 PM)
useropGBlfOO3R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi everyone.

I am trying to connect my S10 with Samsung DEX that was installed on my laptop with Windows 10.

The error that I have received was my USB doesnā€™t recognize.

I re-install the usb Samsung driver many times, but I havenā€™t success.

When I am using "Smart Switch", I donā€™t have any problems.

Tks.

useruXszS71T0q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, that's incorrect. It states that it is compatible with galaxy, note and tablet devices if you scroll to the bottom of your own link

userjYGs5pM0bP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah I just was trying to figure out this issue myself after getting all excited hearing about the Windows app. It does indeed seem to be currently only available for the new Note 10(+). That DeX site above is a bit confusing as its also promoting just the DeX feature in general. So yeah DeX mode does work on many Galaxy devices when connected properly to a monitor directly, which is what is noted at the bottom of that page. But specifically for use the new Windows/OSX app to connect via your PC you need to be using a new Note 10, as it states directly underneath that download link "*Only available on Galaxy Note10/Note10+, and requires PC app download". Really hoping they add this soon to Note 9 and I think they will as it would be really easy, just an update for the Note 9 is all that is needed. But probably not until much later this year as it makes for a good selling point for trading up to the Note 10 for to moment. All about that money.

0 Likes
cybele
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and I'm having the SAME EXACT message... tried different USB cords, the original, etc. I got a Samsung tech rep and they couldn't figure it out and have escalated the matter. I have always been an apple person, and have switched to samsung because the the note 10 plus. Hoping they resolve this issue. 

0 Likes
userFwMPUjqwUE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Really disappointed this isnt at the very least available for my 10 plus. I expect better from Samsung. I dont appreciate that.

MaikeruDeibiddo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've read they're rolling out the software updates so this works, not sure when it will hit the U.S. though. Hopefully soon!

0 Likes
userUvtwED8lsb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

DEX is working with my s10+ and my Note 10+ but not a regular s10 my mom has

0 Likes
userfuiYrJzj2F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No.. As per Samsung "The Samsung DeX service is currently available on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, and Galaxy Tab S6."

Please find below link: https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/faq/searchFaq.do

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 12.02.29 AM.png

0 Likes
ChiefSang
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The odd thing is before two dex updates, it did work on my s10 plus

0 Likes
userCsE9P3PfOP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i had the sane problem, i reinstalled samsung usb drivers, then it still wouldnt work, then i thought perhaps lemme try it on a usb 3 port and dex opened, i rate you should try usb 3 port on your pc

0 Likes
user8SqNqfqDNR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good Day,

my Samsung Dex is usually plugged and play once I plugin with the cable Samsung Dex auto Plays but I just updated my Galaxy Note 10+ and my system doesn't seem to recognize my phone anymore. 

There is no Notification or popup so I manually open Dex and it still tells me to connect my phone while my phone is connected.

Need Help with this Please.

0 Likes