Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useropGBlfOO3R
Constellation

Samsung DEX isent working between S10 x Windows 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone.

I am trying to connect my S10 with Samsung DEX that was installed on my laptop with Windows 10.

The error that I have received was my USB doesn’t recognize.

I re-install the usb Samsung driver many times, but I haven’t success.

When I am using "Smart Switch", I don’t have any problems.

Tks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung DEX isent working between S10 x Windows 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/ states that this only works with a Note 10 or Note 10+ device. 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the dex pad or station?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/ states that this only works with a Note 10 or Note 10+ device. 

useropGBlfOO3R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You right. Tks for you reply.

I am expecting that samsung release and support S10 plattaform.

https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/ 

* Only available on Galaxy Note10/10+ and requires PC app download.

Potamsung
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

looking forward to this new feature being adapted to S10, too

ChasJesús
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

STINKS: This is from the Samsung Dex support page (basically a LIE/FAKE): 

Which devices is Samsung DeX supported on?

FAQ
The Samsung DeX service is currently available on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, and Galaxy Tab S6.

FAKE-UGH.
useruXszS71T0q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, that's incorrect. It states that it is compatible with galaxy, note and tablet devices if you scroll to the bottom of your own link

userjYGs5pM0bP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I just was trying to figure out this issue myself after getting all excited hearing about the Windows app. It does indeed seem to be currently only available for the new Note 10(+). That DeX site above is a bit confusing as its also promoting just the DeX feature in general. So yeah DeX mode does work on many Galaxy devices when connected properly to a monitor directly, which is what is noted at the bottom of that page. But specifically for use the new Windows/OSX app to connect via your PC you need to be using a new Note 10, as it states directly underneath that download link "*Only available on Galaxy Note10/Note10+, and requires PC app download". Really hoping they add this soon to Note 9 and I think they will as it would be really easy, just an update for the Note 9 is all that is needed. But probably not until much later this year as it makes for a good selling point for trading up to the Note 10 for to moment. All about that money.

cybele
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus and I'm having the SAME EXACT message... tried different USB cords, the original, etc. I got a Samsung tech rep and they couldn't figure it out and have escalated the matter. I have always been an apple person, and have switched to samsung because the the note 10 plus. Hoping they resolve this issue.