Original topic:

What is Samsung Daily?

(Topic created: 01-08-2020 06:45 PM)
Miraj
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What is this Samsung Daily thing? It seemingly has replaced Bixby on the home screen but crashes every single time. Also there are several other frequent crashes and issues after the stable OneUI 2.0 update. Come on Samsung. Do a better job with these fixes. Don't make my S10 plus the last Android phone.

18 Replies
Solution
userqlgkyr8LKK
Constellation
Options

Not necessary. If you open up the samsung daily app. Click on settings upper right hand corner & uninstall updates. Bixby is back, will load & not crash.

rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options

Today's OS update replaced Bixby Home on my Note 10 with Samsung Daily.  All of my Bixby Home cards are gone.  They are not listed in Samsung Daily. I have read Samsung's feeble excuses about expired license agreements, but why should Samsung Daily need a license agreement to access my calendar or to access Samsung Health? There are no updates to uninstall, only an update to Samsung Daily, which I am prompted to install. I have not observed any change after installing the update, nor after uninstalling it. I can force stop Samsung Daily, but I can't deactivate it.  How can I get Bixby Home back, or at least get rid of the worse than useless Samsung Daily?

0 Likes
userrU1n9yIMXs
Astronaut
Options

This still doesn't get rid of the bloat

0 Likes
userZIFdffvQWq
Cosmic Ray
Options

mine doens't crash and it does say Samsung Daily (Beta) so it's gonna have some issues until they release the stable version. 

0 Likes
Samsung_I2nxPxb
Constellation
Options

I have the same problems. Each time I swipe left from the home screen, the samsung daily briefly appears and then send me back to my home screen.

Tried the suggestions in this thread, but still not working. 

I also tried to uninstall the samsung daily updates and update again, still no luck.

0 Likes
userqlgkyr8LKK
Constellation
Options

Not necessary. If you open the samsung daily app. Click on settings upper right hand corner & uninstall updates. Bixby is back, will load & not cras . 

userO6cxK1Tyw1
Constellation
Options

Hi. 

Go to settings, then Apps, then Samsung Daily, then in Upper Right Corner do Uninstall Updates. These steps will revert back to Bixsby.

it's infuriating when people and tech supports with zero skills or common sense, unless they are trolls, suggest drastic measures such as factory reset which wastes hours upon hours of your time without fixing anything, when the problem is in the incompetent app coding.

Miraj
Asteroid
Options

Thank you. It fixed it.

AbertSin
Asteroid
Options

I love Samsung products especially Samsung mobiles

0 Likes