Original topic:

What is Samsung Daily?

(Topic created: 01-01-2020 11:18 PM)
Miraj
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What is this Samsung Daily thing? It seemingly has replaced Bixby on the home screen but crashes every single time. Also there are several other frequent crashes and issues after the stable OneUI 2.0 update. Come on Samsung. Do a better job with these fixes. Don't make my S10 plus the last Android phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userqlgkyr8LKK
Constellation
Options

Not necessary. If you open up the samsung daily app. Click on settings upper right hand corner & uninstall updates. Bixby is back, will load & not crash.

View solution in context

18 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hello there!

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition on your device recently? Try that and see if that helps any.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

0 Likes
Miraj
Asteroid
Options

First of all, I didn't get any notification to the reply to this post. I had to manually search it and look up. Weird!

Secondly, I did that and still it crashes. I would post a video screenshot here if possible.

Other issues include I can't receive WhatsApp calls while on 4G after the OneUI 2.0 update. Works well on Wi-Fi.

I think Samsung is getting lousy with software updates. What good is a great hardware if software is not good enough?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

The next step would be to do a complete backup and factory reset. Rather than allowing the phone to auto-restore, restore the apps individually. One thing that has been noticed in some devices is that the apps are not updating properly with Android 10. Performing the individual re-install has corrected this in many instances.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Miraj
Asteroid
Options

So much hassle for something I am going to disable anyway. I know you are only a moderator and suggesting the best solution to me right now but shouldn't Samsung do a better job at pushing updates properly? My phone feels half-baked now. If this is how premium flagships get treated, I wonder what's the condition of mid-range phones. Amazing hardware but such a poor software strategy. What a shame!

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

I understand. However, the updates do not come directly from Samsung. Google provided the Android 10 update. Samsung has tried to make adjustments to make the apps compatible and continues to do so. From Samsung, the updates go to the carriers for their modifications and then are pushed to customers. From my understanding, the update was not slated to be released until the first of the year. So it seems, right now, everyone is playing catch up to make everything work correctly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Miraj
Asteroid
Options

Whatever. I received another software update and the Samsung Daily still crashes. Samsung should step-up its software game. Even for its proprietary software such as Link Sharing which doesn't work 90% of the time.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

@Miraj Give this a try: Go to settings > apps > Samsung Daily > force stop the app, and clear the cache and data

0 Likes
Miraj
Asteroid
Options

Did that and it doesn't work.

Actually, ever since I opted in for UI 2.0 beta, I am having problems installing new software. I couldn't find Disney Plus on the app store and had to install it through a computer. Similarly, other external APKs doesn't work either. I was hoping that a stable version update will fix it.

0 Likes
userIKllOT7Afi
Constellation
Options

If Samsung can't fix Daily they should do an update to bring Bixby back.

0 Likes