cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnkurS10e
Constellation

Samsung Dex - Features update request

Hey guys,

Wanted to highlight a couple of improvements which can be done on Dex which currently makes its usability kind of difficult. 

1) Dex mode - Screen size (Currently a Bug - Definitely needs fixing): The screen size is not customizable at all on the plugged in machine (laptop/screen) - I cannot scale it or change the size settings. Current size when using it is too small and hardly usable

I usually keep the desktop resolution at either the recommended or slightly smaller size. But when I plug in and open through Dex the screen and the text was so small on the laptop screen that its hardly readable. It may well be that on my phone I have the font / screen size set to small as well, but its clear on the phone - only on dex it becomes too small.

2) Dex Mode Window vs Maximize vs Full screen 

Currently we have window (which you can resize as needed) , and you have full screen only when you try to maximize it. Its missing an actual maximize window on windows 10 at least.

Its not a dealbreaker but at least an option to do so would help, i.e. a separate Full screen option vs a maximize option - to be able to switch back and forth on windows 10

3) Usb File sharing at the same time when connected via Dex : 

Only applies when I am using a laptop, but it does help when using a personal laptop. So a setting which lets you enable for trusted devices can help .

I agree to not let the desktop/laptop not share the files or clipboard as its more secure that was (in case you are using it outside on a public / unknown device) , but for trusted devices there should be some option as well 

Usually most users would use a laptop for Dex as well (rarely just a separate screen) , so this option would help.

4) Clipboard usage on Dex : This is much lower on the list , and its similar as the above 

Its better than you cannot use the clipboard across the laptop/desktop and dex (makes it more secure) , but probably include settings to be able to allow the same when in Dex mode. (If you enable  copy files between phone and laptop, so clipboard copy paste items will also be useful) 

Lastly - a Wireless Dex Mode  : Not requeting this as a feature addition but this I would have loved to have (like when doing screen mirroring) - even if its limited than what the current Dex mode offers.

- While showing the connected screen as a Dex mode screen

- and converting the phone screen to a keyboard mouse combo

because that would truly make the phone as a portable laptop anywhere 

Those were my thoughts on the features,

fingers crossed - hope these would be available in the future updates. 

Ankur

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Dex - Features update request

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AnkurS10e
Constellation

Re: Samsung Dex - Features update request

Thanks ,  not sure if other users had faced similar issues on the Dex screen/font size being too small. Pretty sure I am not the only one facing this ? it should not be limited to S10e either I guess.

That fix if the team can check and work on would help a lot. 

Ankur