cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cully68
Asteroid

Samsung Dex is underrated & awesome... But Lag after use

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally got around to buying the Dex station, it performs beyond my expectations.  It's not just a mirroring function, it really looks and feels like a PC, but better since I have access to All of my apps (some of which I can't use on a PC - Waze, Navionics boating GPS, Whatsapp, etc, etc, etc) .  Our phones are powerful computers, now I don't feel like I need a home PC.  Anyone who hasn't tried it is missing out!!  Advice to Samsung... Advertise this more!! 

One issue, after I unplug, I notice a serious lag on my S10+.   No apps open, even "optimized", only thing that works is a reboot.  Read in another forum, seems others have seen this.  Any suggestions (besides factory reset please).... Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Dex is underrated & awesome... But Lag after use

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're absolutely not alone on this. I use DeX quite a bit myself. There's significant lag once unplugged from the docking station. I've used DeX since the days of it rolling out on the S8 (and even Windows Continuum with the Lumia 950XL). The after-use lag has always been around for DeX sadly. 

I definitely agree a reboot is not optimal, although not a show stopper. I'm normally pretty good at trouble shooting this stuff, but I have tried EVERYTHING to see if I can determine what is causing this and it's just a casualty of using Dex by itself. It does appear that Samsung is readying using DeX wirelessly, so maybe that will help resolve this, but who knows. 

As you've pointed out, it isn't marketed heavily, and use cases are thin. As such, I think Samsung's priority in fixing the after-use lag is problem lower on the prioriy scale since it's fixed with a hard reboot and only a small scale of people use it the grand scheme. 

If nothing else, I can confirm you're not alone. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
4 REPLIES 4
Cully68
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Edited above to add last part, found after using for a day on and off... Hoping someone has solved it.  Not a show stopper, but reboot every day is not optimal....

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're absolutely not alone on this. I use DeX quite a bit myself. There's significant lag once unplugged from the docking station. I've used DeX since the days of it rolling out on the S8 (and even Windows Continuum with the Lumia 950XL). The after-use lag has always been around for DeX sadly. 

I definitely agree a reboot is not optimal, although not a show stopper. I'm normally pretty good at trouble shooting this stuff, but I have tried EVERYTHING to see if I can determine what is causing this and it's just a casualty of using Dex by itself. It does appear that Samsung is readying using DeX wirelessly, so maybe that will help resolve this, but who knows. 

As you've pointed out, it isn't marketed heavily, and use cases are thin. As such, I think Samsung's priority in fixing the after-use lag is problem lower on the prioriy scale since it's fixed with a hard reboot and only a small scale of people use it the grand scheme. 

If nothing else, I can confirm you're not alone. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Cully68
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Chazzy, good to know!!!  I'll keep using it, hopefully the lag will be addressed once widespread use takes off..  

userYO8q5PGAKD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First off, I would like to resonate with the fact the DeX feature is underated and very awesome.

I sprung for an s10 this contract cycle as I didnt have a laptop and as stated previously phones are like computers nowadays (good ones anyway) It wasnt for a couple months I realised how sound my logic was when I plugged it into  one of our dell docking stations at work just to charge it and to my surprise it sprung into dex mode and I actualy had a computer. 

This brings me on to the point regarding the freeze. I am sure the DeX dock is an excellent product but are you both using this? as I have used the dell ones at work and a multi port hub I was using for my switch at home and neither of these effect functionality once I undock the phone. I do not know what it would be but if that is a common denominator its someting to test. 

I would consider getting the dex dock for ease of use at home but I would like to know if not using this would have and affect for either of you first.