cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJVAwKRylgh
Astronaut

Samsung Email - Address Hidden

I am using the new samsung S10 (first Andriod device). I have all my emails synced to Samsungs email app. Everything works fine expcet when I pull down the details of an email it gives me the senders Display Name. How do I get it so I can see their email address? Its hidden and I need to see it for business purposes.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Email - Address Hidden

Hey @userJVAwKRylgh, I hope you're doing well.

To accomplish this, you'll have to completely hide the content on the notifications for whichever account you choose.

To do this, go into the Mail app>Menu button on top left>Press the settings icon>Press the Notifications button>

Each account will have it's own notification settings. For whichever accounts you'd like, select the New emails section>press Lockscreen>hide content

Please note this will not display the full email preview on the lockscreen. I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
userUykqxls7Vi
Constellation

You misunderstand Rhydah. We are NOT looking for information from the notifications bar that you drag down from the top or how you could view email details from the LOCK SCREEN. When viewing an OPEN EMAIL, we would like to click "Details" and quickly see WHO that email is FROM (the true email address), NOT the display name they have chosen (such as "Capital One"). Samsung email app makes that very hard now and is a deal breaker for me. I do not want to have to ADD CONTACT to find the true sender's address and then NOT SAVE the contact 🙄, which is currently the ONLY WAY TO FIND THE TRUE SENDER'S ADDRESS. And that's a shame  from an email app in today's era of phishing and scamming. Fix it!

user7mgvzbxNbx
Astronaut

We have this problem as well. The best work around we've found is to press the sender email address/Display name, and it give options of Add to VIPs, Add to Contacts, or Copy Email Address. Copy the email address, open/write a new email, and paste the address there. Also wish there was a way to see the details, especially for spammers.