cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S10 ATT not updating

I have a Galaxy S10 from ATT that hasn't been updating since the September patch for Android Pie. I tried to update it through Smart Switch but it reads that my phone is up to date when its almost a year behind updates. Currently, ATT is on the May patch for Android 10 and they released Android 10 for the S10 since around December/January. Almost 5 to 6 months since android 10 released for the ATT variant of the S10 and still nothing. Anyone have any clue to what the issue can be?

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 ATT not updating

Honestly I have never ever received any OTA updates, and I got the S10+ since release date. Not sure if it's an AT&T thing or just bad luck. I gave up on checking for OTA updates and just flash them myself now.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to a AT&T store and get a new SIM card and activate, trust me. It's happened to me more then once. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Do you know where to find the roms to flash and if they have a android 10 rom for the s10? Also if it requires wiping the device because I know sometimes that flashing requires wiping your data cause I had to do it for the S7 when it got oreo :/

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I can't send you the link here, Samsung will delete it, I tried that before. But you can google SamMobile dot com and look for the firmware that you need. You might not find the exact firmaware for AT&T, that's okay, you can flash the T-mobile one. That's what I have on my AT&T S10+.

You will need to download Odin to flash it, no need to wipe anything. It will just flash the new firmware over the old one.

Hope that helps. If you're not sure about it let me know

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

All she needs is a new SIM card. Unless your experienced, I wouldn't recommend flashing devices. I've bricked for then one device over the last ten years and I knew what I was doing. Plus, when you flash a T-mobile ROM on an AT&T device, you lose some of your services like wifi calling, advanced messaging, warranties, etc. I do love you answer and your knowledge about flashing new firmware and that you know about AT&T and T-mobile are compatible. Bring me back to the custom ROM's when I could make my device do anything.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Samsung Devices from AT&T have locked bootloaders. So there is no way to install the custom recoveries, ROM's, or Mods any more. 😢 Trust me, I hack all my devices that I can.

Your on the right track though. I was surprised and impressed, very few people would of known that. Nice 🙂

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING! When you flash an AT&T device with anything else but an OTA

Update there is risk of consequences. You still wouldn't get OTA updates even if you did flash another firmware. You have to be on AT&T to get updates for an AT&T branded device. The only reason to flash a T-mobile firmware on a AT&T device is if it's stolen, or you forgot your Google account password. If you flash a different firmware you lose your warranty (if you have one), wifi calling, advanced messaging, voicemail services, trade in/resale value, LTE signal, bricked phone. Flashing anything to a phone without being experienced is not a good idea. I flashed phones for year and I've killed a couple. If you do want to attempt to flash, make sure you have another phone. Just trying to give you some knowledgeable advice from a guy that flashed 50+ phones. It doesn't always work out. 

Highlighted
Constellation

When flashing the T-Mobile one, do you get any OTA updates or is your phone stuck on the firmware you flashed to your device?

Highlighted
Constellation

Another thing is that if I flash the T-mobile firmware, don't I lose AT&T video call?