cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowRadiant
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S10+ Not Fast Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. My father and I both have Galaxy S10+ phones, but mine is having an issue where it does not fast charge using the cable. I plugged my phone into both my charger and my father's, but both times it starts off saying "fast charging" for about thirty seconds, then switches over to basic "cable charging", lengenthing the necessary charging time. When plugged into the same chargers, my father's phone fast charged without any issues. Since I know that the problem is not the charger, what could be the problem with my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CrimznX1
Asteroid

Have you tried doing a reboot or going into recovery whil...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried doing a reboot or going into recovery while phone was off, vol up + bixby button + power when vibrate let go of power. And wipe cache. That fixed the problem on previous phones if software.

7 REPLIES 7
CrimznX1
Asteroid

Have you tried doing a reboot or going into recovery whil...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried doing a reboot or going into recovery while phone was off, vol up + bixby button + power when vibrate let go of power. And wipe cache. That fixed the problem on previous phones if software.

user15Y0xpQ3xE
Constellation

Have you check to make sure that your fast charging is en...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you check to make sure that your fast charging is enabled? Go to setting and to advanced features it should be on automatically but there is a chance that it's not!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Not Fast Charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could be the USB cable itself. Have you tried a different USB cable? My daughters tablet was having this issue and it was ultimately a poor USB C connection. Sometimes it would be fast charge, other times is would be slow charge. 

Not all USB C cables are created equal with how tightly they secure to the port. Just a thought. 

If it's the same across all cables, then I would go the route of a factory reset

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
usera6hPPS8Pzo
Asteroid

It charges fast but it'll weak battery or something like...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It charges fast but it'll weak battery or something like that and I don't know why the charger works fine I don't know what could be the problem

userxo6SYlSVHS
Constellation

I noticed if I plug my end in one way it fast charges and...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed if I plug my end in one way it fast charges and flip the cord around and it says slow charging. Heres screenshots and all I did was flip the c end since it dits no matter what.

ShadowRadiant
Constellation

Fast charging was enabled, so that wasn't the issue. I re...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fast charging was enabled, so that wasn't the issue. I rebooted my phone and turned fast charging on and off (just to be sure), waited a few hours, and now it works just fine. Still not sure what the problem was, but it appears to be resolved. Thanks all for the helpful comments!

Cutiepie
Astronaut

I tried everything

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried everything