JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 03-31-2019 04:34 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
user512xB38Csi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How on earth is removing your phone battery and placeing it in the freezer or fridge an acceptable options?

0 Likes
userkiyy4HMrKK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine is also overheating while talking on the phone and when I'm on the internet. It also was stuck restarting over and over again.  I have sprint and they did a hard reset but the problem of over heating still happens. I don't recommend getting the Samsung galaxy s10+.

11B1P
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userkiyy4HMrKK wrote:

Mine is also overheating while talking on the phone and when I'm on the internet. It also was stuck restarting over and over again.  I have sprint and they did a hard reset but the problem of over heating still happens. I don't recommend getting the Samsung galaxy s10+ from Sprint.

There ya go, fixed it for ya.

0 Likes
Cnote182
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone did the same today. Took it off of the charger at 10am, felt super hot in my pocket all day, dead by 7pm. I made not phone calls, searched the web a bit and sent a few text messages throughout the day. This is a travesty for the price of the phone. I’ve had it for under 3 weeks. I like the phone itself, but overheating and a 8 hour battery with little to no use is UNACCEPTABLE 

0 Likes
Samsung_tqWY2Fj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here very frustrating. I had to also take mine outbox Nm pocket and out in fridge to cool down....since I can't get reception sprint said there is a glitch offered to send a new one but was not confident it would fix the problem until samsung can release update.... Come on Samsung what happens to testing all this first...
0 Likes
userEAQA0rUseF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine overheats randomly, but mostly when it is in the area where LTE cuts out a lot (like around my house). Samsung support wants me to send it in for service, but I want the device to be exchanged as it seems that there was a bad batch that got released too early. And also I shouldn't have to buy a brand-new device only to turn around and have to send it back for repair. I also reached out to carrier (sprint) and they are attempting to replace on their end. We'll see which one has the best response.

0 Likes
userq8dDy4i66I
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue here. Sprint. My s10+ feels like it's going to explode at any moment... Extremely hot. Dissapointed that a flagship phone like this would have this issue.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5PwrLRn4sG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone is hot enough to burn my hand while charging 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user5PwrLRn4sG, Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:
Have you tried optimizing your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes