cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10e overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing is happening with mine and my sons S10e's as well. Please help, I cannot afford to replace these phones

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long have you had your device? Sometimes a new device will run a little warm. Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?
Press and hold the Power button until the Power off menu appears then release.
Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.
To confirm, tap Safe mode.
The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Upon reboot, “Safe mode” should appear in the lower-left of the home screen.
Check for the problem.
If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

You may also want to optimize your battery. As a last resort, you may want to try giving the device a factory reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I just bought this Samsung galaxy 10 EE, for my mother. And when I was setting it up it was already warm, and I thought it was normal cause it was getting started but after doing all your solutions, and it didn't work...

Even when the phone is doing literally nothing its warm and if I open whatever little app like WhatsApp it gets really hot. 

What can I do? It doesn't even have 1 week... 

Please help me

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out! You can use the information found here to help keep the phone at its normal temperature. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

However, if the phone becomes too hot to touch, it is recommended that you stop using it and have it evaluated by a certified technician. If you would like to set up a repair ticket, please send a private message with the model code and the IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am having problems with my s10 overheating. I have had it for five months and as of today it has started overheating and the fingerprint button is held down and isn't clicking or recognising the fingerprint, I have booked a samsung repair but I can't get it for two weeks, can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same experience

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, it heats up so bad that is uncomfortable to use, even with simple apps like Instagram or Facebook. 

I tried rebooting or clearing cache but when it comes very hot it turns off suddenly, or sometimes it freezes. 

It never happened before with any of my other Samsung phones. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use these tips to help keep your phone at its normal temperature. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ However, if the phone continues to overheat please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky