cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzmMtvfgN10
Asteroid

Samsung Health Oxygen saturation removed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why was this removed from the app? I had a lot of data I was keeping for my doctor and it was the most useful thing in the app for me. They remove a function without notifying customers beforehand. Makes me want to switch to Apple. 

How do we contact Samsung support about this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Health Oxygen saturation removed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzmMtvfgN10 Since the new update, Oxygen Saturation has been moved and included with "stress measure" option. I know, how did stress relates to oxygen saturation, but I also use O2 Sat when i feel sick or hike on high altitude so I guess samsung thinks when you are stress your oxygen will go down =).Screenshot_20190627-142929_Samsung Health.jpg

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
27 REPLIES 27
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can contact the Samsung Health team directly by calling 888-899-7609.

usercOIAZVF9JM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FYI called this number provided above and was told samsung does not control the content of apps such as samsung health and that if I wanted to complain I’d need to contact google. I find this odd since the name of the app is “samsung health”. Samsung phone service offered no explanation for why the 02 sensor has been disabled on my $1000 phone, and no workable solution to fix it.

kacie5288
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This suggestion is absolute rubbish! I called and the rep told me(in terrible broken english) that they could make a "note" of it but they would not be getting this feature back as a stand alone option again. She was frankly rude and I'm certain there is no "note" beings she wouldn't even take my name! Really setting the bar high Samsung!

☆Rusty Nailz☆
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzmMtvfgN10 Since the new update, Oxygen Saturation has been moved and included with "stress measure" option. I know, how did stress relates to oxygen saturation, but I also use O2 Sat when i feel sick or hike on high altitude so I guess samsung thinks when you are stress your oxygen will go down =).Screenshot_20190627-142929_Samsung Health.jpg

userBofkuhLBMo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But it's not available to everyone. Canadians are left out. I also rely on that due to my mental condition. I have anxiety disorder and one of the psychosomatic symptoms is breathing problems. It helps me calm down during knowing my oxygen saturation level is normal. It saves me trips to the ER evertime I have panic attacks. 

userBofkuhLBMo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But it's not available to everyone. Canadians are left out. I also rely on that due to my mental condition. I have anxiety disorder and one of the psychosomatic symptoms is breathing problems. It helps me calm down during knowing my oxygen saturation level is normal. It saves me trips to the ER evertime I have panic atta

@RedDragon wrote:

cks. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBofkuhLBMo  No you have to press and measure stress and when the result come it will show Pulse and O2 sat.. Oxygen saturation is more related to lungs i am not sure much of mental or behaviour condition. If oxygen is not enough that means lungs are not functioning well.

usercOIAZVF9JM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please note that STRESS option DOES NOT EXIST in Canada therefore this is not a solution to the issue. Samsung needs to add the 02 sensor reading back like in the previous version. 

As well taking an 02 reading is useful to people with anxiety disorders(mental illness) as it can confirm that you are actually getting enough oxygen (even if it feels like you aren’t). 

userl8YpA6uLkv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is ridiculous! Why take off something that apple has?? I hate apple, but I use my sp02 monitor a lot. DUMB move samsung, charge 1200 bucks for a phone that removed something many people used and for no reason.