Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeNoMxSacrifice
Constellation

Samsung Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I have just purchased and set up my Samsung Galaxy S10+ device. I am super excited to use this device. But, I have noticed a slight issue with messaging. When I recieve a message it shows up in my notifications just fine. But, when I reply to the message (through the notifications drop down menu.) the message I just sent will show up under the message I was responding to like I texted myself. The message will send to the correct person but, It will look like to me I never replied and texted myself.  It does this with samsungs messaging app and with google's messenger app. I have downloaded a 3rd party app that is working fine but I prefer samsung's built in messenger. Does anyone know a fix for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for notifying us on your concern. The only way to resolve this symptom is a software update that would sync the Messager app and the Notification app together. At this time, we can only recommend using a 3rd party app for the time being. Thank you for your patience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it's like that for all of us

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for notifying us on your concern. The only way to resolve this symptom is a software update that would sync the Messager app and the Notification app together. At this time, we can only recommend using a 3rd party app for the time being. Thank you for your patience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

EricL-NewJersey
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What 3rd party app is good to replace the messages app?

The new one cant be customized anymore and all white for texting is horrible!

user2kqXI2LsDr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem but refuse to use 3rd party app. So Samsung hurry up ! And! Fix the texting to multiple recipients.  I m a new user from Apple to Samsung and feel very frustrated by this issue. 

camerachick7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDarius  what app are we to use? This is terrible.. you pay 1000.00 for a phone and it stinks

EricL-NewJersey
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What app are you using instead of Samsung's?

I got an update and they removed all the cool features.  Cant change the background or colors nothing.  It looks like a iphone messenger app now. 

It use to be the BEST messaging app around.. now it's the worst!!!

VeNoMxSacrifice
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use Textra currently and it is a great app. I used it back in highschool actually and forgot it existed. It has a pro support option which I recommend. It's a one time purchase for not that much and you get total customization.

Joeyjoe
Asteroid

I'm using Google messages app.. Works great I love it!! ✌️✌️

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using Google messages app.. Works great I love it!! ✌️✌️

Joeyjoe
Asteroid

Also download g board..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also download g board..