cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraSCbbh0ryu
Asteroid

Samsung Notes Glitch on S10e after Software Update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi guys, Just an FYI, I updated my software a couple days ago (OneUI version 2.0, android version 10) and now I'm experiencing some odd glitches. First, Samsung Notes app is totally blank. My notes are all still there but when I open one, or when I start a new note, the note reads entirely blank. When I click the "Back" button, the app glitches out and force closes itself. This is super inconvenient for me because I use my notes a lot... they are now totally inaccessible unless I click the share icon and email them to myself. Other issue I'm seeing is on Google Play Music. I recently upgraded from an iPhone so all my old music is not from Google Play. All of the album artwork is blank now. It's odd because its not like the art was removed - if it was removed, there would be a gray music note icon. Nope, it's still there, but it's just showing up as a pure white screen. This is only affecting my old songs from the iPhone, all my google play purchased songs are fine. Otherwise, the filter on my lockscreen and homescreen are oddly discolored, as if I have my blue light filter on, but I dont. And it's only on the homescreen and lockscreen, the display is fine otherwise. Just tried troubleshooting my apps with no luck. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_87wuK9M
Constellation

Re: Samsung Notes Glitch on S10e after Software Update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Aloha,

I had the same issue with all of my saved notes showing in the menu when i opened the app, but when i clicked to open a specific note it was completely blank.  I just now searched the playstore, and found a samsung notes update.  I ran the quick update... Problem solved, yay!  I can open my notes now.

Happy 2020!

Love and Light, Tara

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition since the recent update? Have you double-checked to see if there is an update for Samsung Notes in the play store?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

As for your album artwork from your previous iPhone, how did you transfer your music to your new device? Did you use Smart Switch to transfer the music?

Give this link here a shot giving additional information on using Smart Switch:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00047089/

useraSCbbh0ryu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello SamsungJoJo,

Thanks for addressing this.

I just triple checked the Play Store and there are no updates pending for either app that I am having trouble with.

I followed your steps the wipe the Cache partition just now and successfully wiped it, but the apps are both still giving me the same issues.

As for the album art issue, I did use Smart Switch but I'm fairly sure that's not the issue. The album art transferred perfectly when I got this phone a couple months ago, and has been displaying just fine this whole time. Only after the update (immediately after the update) did I experience this problem.

Do you have any other suggestions? Or do I just have to wait for the bug fixes in the next software update?

userNUxCzr1nxX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I'm not sure if this is related but I got the Samsung Galaxy S10 about 3 days ago and it was working fine but this morning it started having problems with some apps and I'm unable to use them. I uninstalled the apps and restarted my phone it worked for like 5 minutes a and then it no longer worked. However,  I didn't try to reboot it but I'm wondering if it might be the same issue because my phone did have an update about a day or two ago.

userYo6XaTpueV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same issue. Have you gotten any resolution? My doorbell app stops working after about 5 minutes after I restart my phone. This is the only way I can get it to work however it only lasts for about a few minutes. Problem seemed to have occured after this last update. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition since the recent update?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Please note, the notification email is a Do No Reply email and we will not receive responses sent to that address. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to look into this further. Please provide the following:

Full model code:

Baseband version:

Software version:

Service provider:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useraSCbbh0ryu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello SamsungRei, 

Full model code: SM-G970U 

Baseband version: G970USQU2CSKP 

Software version: 2.0 (android version 10)

Service provider: AT&T 

Let me know if there's anything that can be done for this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I submitted your information this morning. I will let you know as soon as I know more!