Original topic:

Samsung Pay Without Lock Screen Password

(Topic created on: 12/4/20 1:21 PM)
userRt1zbec3NO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I'm not one that uses a password or thumbprint on the phone.  Was happily using Samsung Pay, and before I "tap" at a merchant, would have to enter a pin to use.  Recently, needed to factory reset the phone and reset all my applications.  For some reason, Samsung Pay now says the phone must have a password to use it, something I dont want.  Any ideas how to set this up to the way it was previously installed?

Thanks

3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

I would recommend calling our Samsung Pay team directly at 1-844-726-7297 for assistance with this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRt1zbec3NO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Completley worthless response!  Calling that number gets you someone in the Phillipines that bascially sends an email to another department.  Why not just tell me if what i want is even doable, vs sending me down a rabbit hole. 

usery5ALgJ4LUR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I have recently complained about this too for my Note 20. It's extremely annoying and not worth using the app bec of it.  I would suggest posting a complaint at the Play Store. The developers monitor those comments posted on there. 

0 Likes