cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung S10 won't connect to ford sync for hands free phone on 2015 F150

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung S10 won't connect to ford sync for hands free phone on 2015 F150.  Everything worked fine until today, now phone will only connect via bluetooth as audio device.  Tried every option to add new phone and unpaired and removed phone from vehicle and sync from phone several times.  Keep getting the No Phone Found message with the option to Add Retry or Cancel. Retry just fails, Add goes throught the syncing proccess, but no phone functions available after syncing. Anyone else having this problem, and if so, where you able to fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: Samsung S10 won't connect to ford sync for hands free phone on 2015 F150

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated the Sync in the truck and it is working again. I believe it was the truck and not the phone after all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder if this could be an app issue???  Since it did work and now it doesn't, it would seem that something changed.  This could  have been a setting but I can't think of one that would make your device look like something other than a phone, but if an app were responsible anything could be possible.  Try starting your phone in Safe Mode, and going through the process again, since you deleted the original connection.  If you are able to have the device recognized as a phone in Safe Mode then it is likely an app causing this.  Have you installed anything to try and improve your Bluetooth experience inside of the truck or outside? 

Using the scientific method you could also try to connect to a different vehicle and see if you have the same results.  If it connects to another vehicle the issue is likely your truck, if not it's the phone.

Let us know what your results are for either or both of these tests and we can go from there.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am hax ving the same problem connecting with my Mazda 3. It worked with my galaxy 7 fine. I have tried everything deleted old phone off of car. But the car cannot connect my new phone. I have to use auxillary. 

And if I cant get that floating assist whatever off my phone I m going to return it and get an iphone. Have you ever tried to type a text with a floating app? Want to throw the dsmn phone!

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Easy there.  No need to cut off your nose to spite your face there.  You know you won't be happy with that other iThing... LOL.

Anyway reading through a few other posts caused me to think of something for both of you.  First @userHTBo6xJHCm  it sounds like it has never worked for you on the S10, is this correct?  Have you gone into the Bluetooth settings on your device and looked at the connection to your car?  If you press the Gear icon for settings there is a setting for calls.  Do you have that checked?  This might work for the OP as well, @userDrgdhhY9Gk .

If that doesn't work try clearing the cache for your Bluetooth.  Settings>Applications> (use the 3 dots to expand the settings upper left) Show System Apps>Bluetooth.  Open the app page and clear the cache and data.  Then try to connect again.

Now @userHTBo6xJHCm , you bring up something I'm unfailiar with or don't know it from your description, "floating assistant thing"?  Please describe what you're referring to.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated the Sync in the truck and it is working again. I believe it was the truck and not the phone after all.

View solution in original post