cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung S10e Keyboard button switch missing

Hello all!

I cannot switch between keyboards without have to manually go into Settings. Specifically between Samsung default and KeePassX Keyboard which is a password manager plug in keyboard.

I have Samsung galaxy s10e Android Version 10, One UI version 2.5.

There used to be a lil keyboard switch button at the bottom left corner which is no longer there. I tried resetting all keyboard to defaults and unable to find this button. I've tried googling and apparently there's supposed to be a pull down option to be able to switch keyboards and it would show in the notification bar and I cant see that either!

Show keyboard is enabled and always has been enabled: Settings

See this post has the bottom left button... I dont have that anymore? Other users post

Any ideas?  My Images here:

Samsung S10e Keyboard Issue https://imgur.com/gallery/7UujUyw

Things I have tried:

1. Restarting Phone

2. Updating Phone

3. Resetting defaults for keyboards

4. Install different keyboard (gboard) to try, button not showing.

5. Update KeepassX app.

The reason why this is a problem for me is because the password manager plugin won't require me to copy and paste a password. But now since I can't switch keyboards I'm forced to copy and paste but the passwords gets stored in the clipboard which can also show up in the predictive... Smiley Sad

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Samsung S10e Keyboard button switch missing

tap the 3 dots next to the gear on your keyboard (top right) and then hit Mode .. Open up your Settings Menu Go to General Management. there you will find Language and Input setting and you will be able to add any keyboards you have on the device
Highlighted
Constellation

Hi thank you for your quick reply. This is not my issue: I already have the keyboards installed.

I just want the button back where I could easily switch between keyboards. All pictures show in underlined can you see my images? 

Highlighted
Nebula

oh I gotcha yeah I think they removed it. I use Hacker Keyboard. its 3rd party from the play store. lots of functionality and it still has the quick keyboard switch on it. I think it's just a Samsung thing they might have removed . Not for sure though
Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for the recomendation, I'll check it out!

-  will let you know if I find anything else..

Highlighted
Nebula

Awesome Possum! Happy Hunting
Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm need to see,something that went to my clipboard