cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

Samsung Secure Folder

I bought my S10 plus on launch date two weeks later it got a software update. After the update when I open my Secure Folder and put in my pin it closes I repeat the process over and over but it still just closes. Please help I have spreadsheet and work files locked inside and I need access to this folder. I have not rooted my phone. Its stock just like it was out of the box.

26 REPLIES 26
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Secure Folder

Was your Secure Folder configured to backup to Samsung Cloud? To fix the app crashing...try Settings > Apps > Secure Folder > Force stop, then Settings > Apps > Secure Folder > Storage > Clear cache

You can also power down your S10+, hold down volume up + Bixby + Power button until it boots into Recovery mode, then choose to wipe the cache partition if the first step doesn't do anything. Reboot your S10+ from the Recovery menu then attempt to use secure folder again.

When you do get Secure Folder back up and running, make sure you click on the 3 dots in the upper right, Settings > Backup and restore > choose to back up Secure Folder data so that it's stored in their cloud in the event you need to restore in the future.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

I've done all that unfortunately. This is a major issue w...

I've done all that unfortunately. This is a major issue with people you can see it all over the message boards online and in the reviews for the app.

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

I did it again just incase but no the less still doing th...

I did it again just incase but no the less still doing the same thing.

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

Help please!!!!!!!!

Help please!!!!!!!!

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

Come on someone please help!

Come on someone please help!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Secure Folder

@userUvgetE2KFv 

Can you try one thing for me? Tap and hold on the secure folder app, then tap on app info. After that tap on the cogwheel on the top right then enter your PIN and see if it lets you access the settings to back up any data as well as if it lets you take off any biometrics or other lock settings

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

Same thing just sits there and closes back to the setting...

Same thing just sits there and closes back to the settings screen.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Same thing just sits there and closes back to the setting...

@userUvgetE2KFv I found a similar issue on the site. Try doing this and see if it works for you https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note-9/Secure-Folder-crashing/m-p/672303#M14600

userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

It won't let me click or copy the link.

It won't let me click or copy the link.