cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Visual Voice Mail app not working

The stock Samsung Visual Voicemail app isnt working on my S10.  I am using an unlocked S10 purchased directly from Samsung.  My carrier is Xfinity Mobile, who typically uses Verizon cell towers.  

I have done extensive troubleshooting with Xfinity support.  They even had a ticket opened with their Tier2/3 teams and Verizon wholesale.  

It seems that my voicemail itself is working fine.  I can dial into it via *86 or my number, retreive messages, etc.  But I get no notification of new messages and the app shows no new messages.

If reset the network settings, cleared cache/data on the voicemail app, uninstalled/reinstalled updates on the voicemail app from the Galaxy store, checked permissions and notification settings, etc.  

I noticed something today when double checking some other settings within App info/Mobile Data section...

Both background data and allow while data saver is on are checked.  Above that it shows Total, Foreground, and Background Bytes are 0.  That tells me the app isnt talking to the network.  If I get into "View app settings" it shows a "Standard greetings" option.  This option shows "Greeting with Telephone Number".  But when I click on it, a popup error says "Invalid Account".  The next setting shows "Mailbox Limit".  This option shows "there is space for 0 more voicemails in your inbox".  

I have a total of 5 messages currently in my mailbox.  2 saved, and 3 new test messages.   I find it hard to believe that the app only allows 5 messages.  When I open the app, it says there are no new messages.

So, clearly the voicemail app is not talking to the network.  Whether its a problem with the app, or Xfinity network, Im not sure.  Ultimately Xfinity has told me that the problem is known with some Galaxy devices running Android 10 and may be resolved with a future update.  Anyone know if there is any truth to that?  I am not interested in trying 3rd party voicemail apps so Id like to be able to use the built in app.  

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Visual Voice Mail app not working

I'm having the same problems with my Galaxy S10+. I purchased this phone directly from Samsung, unlocked and have is signed on to StraightTalk. The Visual  Voicemail app has quit working. I have had this phone for a year & the voicemail has been set up & working properly until now. It acts like voicemsil is not set up and when I go through the options to re-set it up, the app just keeps shutting down. I gave tried to access it by calling the voicemail directly & it says I don't have a mailbox set up. I'm really confused, anyone have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Astronaut

For my Galaxy J7 Sky Tracfone, I have to turn on "Mobile Data".  Visual Voice Mail will not work on Wifi alone.  Visual Voice Mail will not work without "Mobile Data".  If I enable both "Mobile Data" and Wifi, Visual Voice Mail woks correctly.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I was having the same issue and I finally just fixed it. I went to Settings > Apps > Visual Voicemail > Storage and then I did "clear cache" and "clear data" then I went back one page and opened "Permissions" and had to grant access to the "Storage" permission. I was then able to open visual voicemail finally.

Highlighted
Asteroid

You guys are not having the same problem I am having.

The built-in voice mail app opens fine, but I does not show any new voice mails in my mailbox, and I get no notifications of new voice mails. Again, I can open the app fine, it just says there are no new voice mails like its not syncing with the voice mail service.

Per my original post, I was told this was a known issue and would be updated with a software update.  I have received multiple software updates but the problem persists.  

I have rebooted, cleared cache/data, reset network settings, checked all permissions, etc.  The only thing I have not done is uninstall it because I don't know how I would get it reinstalled since it doesnt show up in the samsung or google stores.  I do not want to use a 3rd party voice mail app simple because I do not trust them.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Note 10+ has no notification(s) for new voicemail. The phone setting for the phone is grayed out (not available). I never know when a new voice mail is recorder. Any help? My carrier is T-Mobile.  I typically use my phone via wifi, no cell towers near home.

Same when not on wifi phone connection.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Per the xfinity mobile visual voicemail app, it doesn't support anything after galaxy s8, I believe. I was in shock that it only supports "old phones" that xm doesn't even sell. So I use voxist. Really happy with them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Again, I am NOT talking about the Xfinity voice mail app. I am talking about the STOCK voice mail app that came pre installed on my unlocked s10 that I brought to the Xfinity mobile service.