cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pool_shark
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung messages and RCS

You do realize your opinion is not fact right?

Secure folder allows me to lock away pics, docs, contacts, etc all in one place protected by a password instead of separate apps and passwords. I can also back it up and restore it to new devices.

As for your opinion on the other apps, I disagree. 

With s-note I can make new pics by adding images to them that I have cut out with the s-pen and stored in scrapbook. With Smartthings I can control all of my smart devices, setup rules for turning lights on/off, set the alarm to activate after everyone leaves and deactivate when anyone comes home. I can even control it from my watch.

I'd rather do that than pay vivint like I dud in my previous house.

I can use biometrics in the samsung browser to fill in my user and/or payment information.

I can use samsung flow on my tablet to send and respond to messages and emails received on my phone.

If you don't find those things useful, that's fine, but I do, which is why your statement is your opinion, not fact.

@user62JAChC1FP wrote:

@pool_shark wrote:

With or without RCS google messages still stinks only because if you delete a thread that contact's custom tone resets to default.
Samsung messages stinks for that same reason.

As for Samsung apps being no good, that's a matter of opinion.
The Samsung browser, smartthings, smart switch, flow, pay, secure folder, s note, are all good apps in my opinion.

You do realize that just password protecting an app is much better than that secure folder, yes? No? And that secure folder is a recode of what other companies have from Android of having the ability to have different users. They would have been better off leaving it be, then spending time and money recoding something that doesn't even work correctly. . I downloaded an app that can lock an app, easy peasy and don't have to move an app here and there into a secure folder that isn't all that secure.

None of the other things are worthwhile either.

Yes I totally agree!! Google messages has a few things to improve but overall it is sooooooo much better than the stock app. I rarely have any messages that fail to send compared to the amount I had when I would use the stock app. Messages get sent a lot quicker as long as MMS. Not to mention the quality of long videos are not compromised, which is probably my favorite part about it. I have tmobile but was able to bypass everything so I can enable it but I wish every android/carrier offered this.

Highlighted
Archimedes
Cosmic Ray

Aside from not having RCS-UP yet, I like Samsung Messages much more. I love being able to schedule messages and having a real dark mode instead of Google's half-hearted one.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

I read the same article on Googles website. Interesting to be sure. 

I will definitely Stay Tuned!            For now I'm going to Stay Put! 

CLF 

Archimedes
Cosmic Ray

I very much disagree that they need to scrap Samsung Messages. I'm moving to Messenger before I move to Google Messages. However, I quite agree that they should implement RCS-UP into Samsung Messages.

userXe63cleQlh
Astronaut

On some Galaxys the Samsung Messages RCS feature is running as samsung is releasing it slowly as the S8 has it already compared to the note 9 

Overall I think Google Messages is ok but I'd rather use Samsungs so my watch works with it and just hope they have a Samsung Web App coming out soon.