cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lebanski
Asteroid

Samsung messages and RCS

Google has made the decision to bypass the carriers to finally bring texting up to par on Android with RCS. I think that was a great move vs. waiting on the carriers to do something. The only issue is when it comes to Samsung messages they have to wait on the carriers to release RCS. I think it would be beneficial to the android ecosystem and bringing texting up to par for all Android users to scrap the Samsung messages app and pre-install Google messages. I know it may not go with the flow of One UI or the way it looks but I fear that without Google being able to release RCS for Samsung messages while bypassing the carriers it won't end well. If the carriers plan is to not fix this until 2020 what happens if that falls through? Then we may not have RCS on Samsung messages at all or compatible with Google's app until late 2020 or later. Then all of android texting is up to par except Samsung. At that point Samsung becomes the "iPhones" of android not being able to text other androids like normal. I personally use Google messages and I have Sprint so I've had RCS for a long while and it's awesome. It's sad though that I can't text another Samsung user and have the same experience because they use Samsung messages and are on a separate carrier that doesn't support RCS. Please Samsung bite the bullet and make the switch. I know it's a lot for you guys to think about but try and look at the bigger picture. This would allow all Android users to text with great features no matter what carrier or what phone maker while making it a good reason to come to android and competing with iMessage. There is a good chance that the carriers app will fall through and they will continue to drag their feet on making texting on Android a better thing. Google made the right decision to flip the switch because they want texting on Android to be better. Samsung PLEASE make the right decision. If anybody agree feel free to comment and like

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung messages and RCS

Stay tuned!

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Lebanski
Asteroid

For?? Lol is that a good thing I'm assuming?

I agree, dump the Samsung Messenger it's a waste of time and I'd rather have Android Messenger.

In fact Samsung should dump almost 99% of their apps as they are useless and redudant to apps that are already out there and do a much better job.

pool_shark
Cosmic Ray

With or without RCS google messages still stinks only because if you delete a thread that contact's custom tone resets to default.
Samsung messages stinks for that same reason.

As for Samsung apps being no good, that's a matter of opinion.
The Samsung browser, smartthings, smart switch, flow, pay, secure folder, s note, are all good apps in my opinion.

@pool_shark wrote:

With or without RCS google messages still stinks only because if you delete a thread that contact's custom tone resets to default.
Samsung messages stinks for that same reason.

As for Samsung apps being no good, that's a matter of opinion.
The Samsung browser, smartthings, smart switch, flow, pay, secure folder, s note, are all good apps in my opinion.

You do realize that just password protecting an app is much better than that secure folder, yes? No? And that secure folder is a recode of what other companies have from Android of having the ability to have different users. They would have been better off leaving it be, then spending time and money recoding something that doesn't even work correctly. . I downloaded an app that can lock an app, easy peasy and don't have to move an app here and there into a secure folder that isn't all that secure.

None of the other things are worthwhile either.

Yes I totally agree!! Google messages has a few things to improve but overall it is sooooooo much better than the stock app. I rarely have any messages that fail to send compared to the amount I had when I would use the stock app. Messages get sent a lot quicker as long as MMS. Not to mention the quality of long videos are not compromised, which is probably my favorite part about it. I have tmobile but was able to bypass everything so I can enable it but I wish every android/carrier offered this.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

I read the same article on Googles website. Interesting to be sure. 

I will definitely Stay Tuned!            For now I'm going to Stay Put! 

CLF