cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung notes keep crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the sytem cache? It's not hard to do and may fix those issues. Power off phone>HOLD POWER+VOLUME UP+BIXBY at the same time until you get the a boot screen. About 5 seconds. Using the volume rocker, scroll to reset/clear partition data. Use power button to accept.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Google play store, search for Samsung notes and click update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to Login in samsung account and the notes in Cloud dowload to cellphone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem and I Just  resolved it myself.  Go to the play store. Find the Samsung Notes app & look for the update. Click update..& that INSTANTLY fixes the blank note/ crashing issue!! EASY.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe you can fix it by hitting force stop on the app in the settings and/or clear cache

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you useru7MGsMLEvW. I was very upset that I could not access my Samsung Notes. I followed your simple instructions and have updated Samsung Notes. I do not understand why this update was not visible or automatic. Thank you again my Samsung Notes app is now working again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the system update there apparently was a Samsung Note update that didn't automatically install. Be sure to have a Samsung account log-in set up to transfer your notes in case of glitches! Also, if you save to drive, save in note format not pdf. In addition, don't delete and reinstall the app unless you have the Samsung account set up for retrieval! I lost my notes but have them saved on drive and through email as pdf. In trying to solve the crash problem, I discovered this information and hopefully it will help others in the community!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok what I did  go to paly store apps,find the same samsung notes logo, instead of download, try the update option, then open it,problem solved. It did work for me, so hopefully it works for everyone having this problem. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To note, the "solution" of uninstalling does not appear to work based on replies that it has deleted other users' notes.

I've found that a partial workaround is to "uncatagorize" the note that is crashing. Not ideal, but seems to be working for now.

To note, my issue was that the app would crash when I pressed Save. A greyed out oval would appear around the Save button and it would hang indefinitely until crashing.

This problem seems to be linked to the most recent update as I've never experience it in the past and have used the app for over two years.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!!