Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user8oMF2rScqB
Constellation

Samsung pay stuck on getting started

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This was working fine on my S8 but when I try to open it to set up card on my S10+ it just sits in the loading screen. I've tried reinstalling it and clearing cache but still won't load.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung pay stuck on getting started

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend putting in a ticket with our Samsung Pay team. They can also offer some more in-depth troubleshooting that might help. You can reach them at 844-726-7297 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you try putting your device in Safe Mode to see if Samsung Pay works in this mode? Please take a look in the link for the directions. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8oMF2rScqB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Still didn't work in safe mode ended up just leaving it be, using Google pay at the moment.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend putting in a ticket with our Samsung Pay team. They can also offer some more in-depth troubleshooting that might help. You can reach them at 844-726-7297 directly. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Newsflash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously I added my card on Samsung pay within hours of getting my s10

GlenBarney
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Because I had the same problem and was stuck, and found this thread, I wanted to mention here that another thing to check is your Display Resolution .  On my Galaxy S8, Samsung Pay spins and won't start on the lowest HD+ resolution.  Changing the display to any higher resolution lets it run normally again. Check that setting before resorting to a reset!

userTmxm4PUaBt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. This fixed it for me. I updated to android 9 yesterday and could not use my PIN at the checkout. I cleared cache and reinstalled, and then I could not even get passed the Get Started.  I set my screen resolution to FSD and I was able to enter a PIN again.  This is okay as a work around, but samsung needs to fix this as I was working fine before the update to android 9. And i would prefer to use HD+ resolution to save more battery.

userutLUXcHAzH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes increasing the display setting solved the issues for me.

user4cngUyhliT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! That worked. Thanks!!! Just wish support would have suggested that!!!

userOe55wtLftq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

absolutely nailed it, everything was working fine on my samsung pay app, then I couldn't enter pin to allow me to make a payment.  Deleted app, cleared cache, you name it... all in the name of saving battery.... back to FHD and worked instantly.