cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservmMsk2SYNC
Constellation

Samsung remove the junk

Samsung it is clear and evendent from the posts here in your own community, to stop forceing your junk on us... Bixby is one... the idiotic calendar link in all messages, when i type the word tomorrow, todat or even i time.

Just cut the Junk.. If you think an application is great.. let us decide if we want it or not...

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung_NaLo01
Astronaut

Re: Samsung remove the junk

Agreed! I see no need for Bixby, and I never use it. It's just an extra button on the left side of my phone.

LegendaryHogan
Cosmic Ray

I actually like Bixby actually,I use Bixby Voice all the time and find it way more helpful then Google assistant. I haven't really used Bixby home or Bixby ruiteins much, but it's because I used to think the same as you guys, and haven't really given it a fair chance or really checked it out much. But that was before I got the S10+ and I was using a Galaxy J7 Aura. Which btw I actually have to give the Galaxy J7 some credit for being a low end Galaxy phone! I owned both the 2017 model and the 2018, and for being under the $200 range, they were pretty decent phones! They both had their quirks of course, the biggest for me was the selfie cam on the 2017 version, being only 5mp but then they went and ad the 2018 version with 16mp front and back cams! What I didn't like on the 2018 version was they took away the IR buster (why!?), and they took away the NFC sensor (again, why?!). But all in all really good phones. I was actually thinking of getting the new J8 before I got this s10+, but I'm happy with this phone. I am kinda disappointed that it still doesn't have an IR Buster, but I'll live with it. But I do plan on giving Bixby a fair chance and giving it more of a deeper look into it's options before I make a decision on if I like it or not, I do on the other hand I can say I love using Bixby Voice for sure!

Not really sure why the novel is needed.

That's great you like Bixby however you're minority from what I see on various forums.

Want to keep it, great.... But I would gander the vast majority of us want to be able to remove it completely along with the rest of the forced bloatware.

LegendaryHogan
Cosmic Ray

It IS removable if you know what your doing, pretty simply actually.

Samsung_SdGJpnt
Astronaut

Bixby is one of the most horrible things I have ever encountered..... Not to mention the voice reading on this actual phone is ridiculous I should have posted what it wrote when I said the 1st of this comment I have to correct Every single thing said to this phone I have sent hundreds of ridiculous text messages that didn't make sense Bixby has nothing on Google whatsoever I love Samsung phones But this has got to be the most horrible phone I've ever owned in my life I've never hated a Phone so badd What's crazy is every phone that I have liked that I've had in the past I broke within 2 months of owning Somehow I can't seem to break this one By the way I could care less about this forum The comments just caught my eye About The dude just randomly jumping in sticking up for Bixby......# bixbypoliceto the rescue

Samsung_SdGJpnt
Astronaut

#bixbypolicetotherescue# 🍆🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🍆

userB1lstBbEtq
Asteroid

Buy CCSWE from the playstore. You'll be glad you did.

The Play Store app recommended by someone else makes it easy to disable a lot of the system junk Samsung installs. It will probably reduce the idle drain on your battery as well. My S10+ went from going into deep sleep 20% of the time when the phone was idle to going into deep sleep 70% of the time when idle.

Samsung_oZtK4yL
Astronaut

If you have a pc, you can remove/disable all bixby packages and bloatware. The bixby homepage is nonexistent and pressing the bixby button triggers nothing