cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathslove
Asteroid

Scan

Is it just me or is the scan feature on the camera, garbage? I have some docs at work that I've been trying to scan in, but the border refuses to cover the entire Excel sheet. Like, it will only scan a fraction of it. The paper is flat, nothing is obscured. Still, it won't work. So now that I'm content with it not working ever, it's kind of annoying seeing it pop up whenever I'm just trying to take a regular picture of the paper.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Scan

Hey @Deathslove, I hope you are doing well.

I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes try to scan a document and it sometimes only selects a portion of the sheet.

I will report this to the moderation team in hopes that it can be adjusted within the near future.

For informational purposes, can you please provide me with your current baseband version? This can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information.

Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Deathslove
Asteroid

Thanks, I think it's G975U1UES1ASDB I think

Thanks, I think it's G975U1UES1ASDB I think

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Thanks, I think it's G975U1UES1ASDB I think

Thank you! I will submit this tp see what we can do. I will follow up here with any updates.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Thanks, I think it's G975U1UES1ASDB I think

Thanks bro/sis, I appreciate you looking out for us. @SamsungRei 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Rydah, is this also your baseband? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @SamsungRei, I hope you are doing well.

My current baseband is G975USQS2ASF7 which is newer than the one that @Deathslove mentioned. Hopefully we can get an option to tap and hold an area to have the camera "re-analyze" the area for a scan. I have a few ideas on how this can be addressed. Feel free to contact me if more information is needed.

Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

I have unlocked note9 and the camera or Bixby scanners do...

I have unlocked note9 and the camera or Bixby scanners don't work. Neither does the S-Pen scanner work very well especially if page covers full screen.

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.