cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

Scared to update latest Security Update!!!

So I just saw this morning that I have the latest June 1st security update, but after reading the posts about people who after they downloaded the update they were unable to sign back into their phone I am terrified to download it.... Has anyone heard if Samsung has fixed this??? Until I hear if there is a fix I don't want to download!!!!

15 REPLIES 15
usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

Just got off the phone with Samsung guy tells me that eve...

Just got off the phone with Samsung guy tells me that even though I ignore eventually it is gonna download and I am going to be locked out of my phone but "not to worry", use the find my mobile and everything will be OK...yeah I mention to him that on these posts people did that and it didn't work he assured me it does now I'm more worried!!!!!!!!@

userP1AXyW9EtP
Constellation

I just did this morning n my phone is working don't know...

I just did this morning n my phone is working don't know about any other issue yet

usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

Do you have the Samsung 10 that's what I have when I gave...

Do you have the Samsung 10 that's what I have when I gave the guy my bill number he said I may have an issue

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Re: Scared to update latest Security Update!!!

Dont download itits horrible so many issues and even security problems from my own issues.  It literally sometimes sits there not allowing me to type my password or sometimes freezes on start up. Lol like startup omg..

userP4c92YFEUJ
Constellation

Ditto.   

usersUE9oaNJMX
Cosmic Ray

I appreciate the information thanks the only thing is acc...

I appreciate the information thanks the only thing is according to Samsung it's going to download whether I click download or not on its own it happens to every one's phone.🤬

Ghost973
Constellation

Wow thatscrazy that update, if its doing that im not down...

Wow thatscrazy that update, if its doing that im not downloading it sheesh... but im pretty suretheyre going to roll out a new update in a few weeks to fix bugs and what not.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I received the June 1st update over the weekend and have had zero issues. Went extremely smooth without a hitch.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Highlighted
Mrphotomoto
Asteroid

**I WOULDNT ADVISE!!**

Just updated to latest version and it updated fine, but when I opened the camera app for the first time I got an error saying "update failed, contact Samsung".  I restarted my phone into safe mode and cleared the cache.  I cleared the app data in the camera app itself and so far it seems fine but I don't know I don't trust it.  Neat that it has night mode now! Screenshot_20190729-070531_Software update.jpgError in camera right after update