cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFySAeb9gi9
Asteroid

Screen Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So I'm a professional photographer and have been for years. I know when color is off in photos. The screen on the S10 butcher's the colors! They are muted even in vivid. Skin tones look extremely flat and muddy. All the contrast is toned way down. I cringe looking at my photos on this phone. It's really disappointing. The S8+ had better color. Just give us more calibration tools please.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userTLBbNa737M
Constellation

Re: Screen Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed the same thing! Colours didn't look too bad until I went on Facebook/Instagram and saw how bad skin tones looked! I've since found that colour adjustments under the visibility enhancement section of display settings has helped (using Tristan (blue-yellow) setting). However, the display still seems a way off from being accurate with my Pixel 3 screen looking more accurate and pleasing. 

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried pro mode?
userFySAeb9gi9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's actually a problem with professional pictures I take and post. I FIGURED IT OUT THOUGH! The main thing that's missing in the photos is the skin tones. If you turn on your blue light filter, even at its lowest setting, it brings them back. Mine automatically just turned on and realized the screen is missing oranges; skin tones. I'll just leave it on. They look much better now. I was literally contemplating taking this phone back.
userTLBbNa737M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed the same thing! Colours didn't look too bad until I went on Facebook/Instagram and saw how bad skin tones looked! I've since found that colour adjustments under the visibility enhancement section of display settings has helped (using Tristan (blue-yellow) setting). However, the display still seems a way off from being accurate with my Pixel 3 screen looking more accurate and pleasing. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFySAeb9gi9 Okay I'm glad you point this out. S10 support DCI-P3 wide gamut only in natural mode. And DCI-P3 mode will be activated if the content you are looking at supports it and DCI-P3 mode is only activated in Stock Gallery app that's according to reviews. So far it is one of the most accurate color screen display on a phone according to reviews

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Highlighted
userFySAeb9gi9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userTLBbNa737M That did the trick! Thank you so much. I found that Protan (red-green) brought back skin tones a little better. Thank you so much. It hurts me knowing everyone is walking around with a screen showing muddy skin tones lol. You're the best. Hopefuly they find this thread.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would say this is fairly subjective. Everyone doesn't see the same exact same so not everyone would necessarily benefit from changing these settings. I'm glad you found a solution for you though! 😀
userFySAeb9gi9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was simply trying  to match the colors that I saw on a calibrated screen.  They were obviously different.  The average consumer is not really going to notice or care.  Anyone dealing with moving or still images will care when looking at content on their phones.  This post was for them. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well you guys are professional so i thought you understand the difference between wide gamut and sRGB. To be color accuracy your picture and your screen have to match color to see the color you expected.. You should know the difference between Adobe RGB and sRGB.. S10+ suppprts DCI-P3 in natural mode.. changing the RGB toggle doesn't mean color accurate.. the picture taken from phones are all in sRGB some professional camera can ba taken in adobe RGB which you also need adobe RGB screen which s10 is close to it in natural mode.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userFySAeb9gi9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm very familiar with different color spaces.  My camera and workspace are set to sRGB. The colors still weren't matching,  but we found a solution thankfully.