cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Recording

Hi, this is a feature request. A big feature that I think Android really needs is a screen recording feature. There are a lot of apps that let you do it, but they come with ads and paid versions. The option to do it without installing anything would be really nice. I've included a little concept of what it could look like.

I hope it gets made soon. Thanks.

EDIT - Updated pictures. And also, I know about the Game Launcher, but you can't put every single app in there. You can't put apps like Calendar, Gmail, or others in the Game Launcher. I'm hoping for a screen recorder that can record everything, not just certain apps.

1.png

2.jpgThis would show up if you held the tapped and held the button in the Notification Panel

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen Recording

You can do it with Samsung's Game Launcher. Just add whatever application that you want to Game Launcher. Then when that app is launched, there will be "Tap so show game tools" in the notification panel. Click that and tools will pop up to allow you to record video or grab a screenshot. 

Rayjinazn
Asteroid

That would make recording gaming alot easier without all...

That would make recording gaming alot easier without all the hassle of the start/stop delays third party apps. Plus be able to record memories with loved ones. Had an buddies in the service who spent more time video calling than video recording and selfies. One of thems luck ran out and had not much memories at his funeral other than snapshots of the previous life before service and then some.

SamsungOnly
Asteroid

There is a screen recording feature on your phone. If you...

There is a screen recording feature on your phone. If you use the Game Launcher and add the apps you want you will be able to record. It will show the record and a face cam is added to it. Samsung has already added it.

Re: Screen Recording

Yes, I know about the Game Launcher, but it doesn't let you record everything on your screen. When you exit an app that you put in the Game Launcher, the screen recording automatically stops.