cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userK41zE3kKTr
Asteroid

Screen Timeout Inactivity keeps changing

I've searched and havent found an answer that works for me. After the last update a few days ago no matter what I change in the settings my sceen inactivity keeps resetting back to 8 seconds. How do I stop it from doing that. I WANT IT OFF AND TO MAKE IT PERMANTLY STOP DOING THAT. 

10 REPLIES 10
Red Giant

Re: Screen Timeout Inactivity keeps changing

@userK41zE3kKTr wrote:

I've searched and havent found an answer that works for me. After the last update a few days ago no matter what I change in the settings my sceen inactivity keeps resetting back to 8 seconds. How do I stop it from doing that. I WANT IT OFF AND TO MAKE IT PERMANTLY STOP DOING THAT. 

1) Any apps that could alter the screen timeout? 

2) Maybe Bixby has some profiles set up that automatically activate?
3) If you set screen timeout to the desired time, then restart you phone, does the time change back to 8 or it is random?

userK41zE3kKTr
Asteroid

Since the update I have changed nothing. Dont know if any apps would alter it. How would I tell? Havent changed anything in Bixby either. Restart didnt help.

userMICrYkW83P
Asteroid

YES! mine too... this is very annoying and I HATE it...they need to fix it. Has been happening ever since the last update the other day. Smiley Mad

userK41zE3kKTr
Asteroid

Clearly this is an issue with the last update. Samsung please fix this. I use this phone for work and it is making it incredibly difficult 

Red Giant

@userK41zE3kKTr wrote:

Clearly this is an issue with the last update. Samsung please fix this. I use this phone for work and it is making it incredibly difficult 

For example I had an app that I used for couple of years, then stopped as I just setup do not disturb which sufficient for my needs.  The app name is Profile Scheduler.  If you set it to meeting, then there are many settings under it such as: change screen timeout to 30, turn off wifi, turn on bluetooth and so on.

If you set it to normal, then it had its own settings.  The app also had some automatic rules which would turn on automatically if you wanted it to. 

userK41zE3kKTr
Asteroid

I haven't added or changed anything in any apps. There has to be a setting that will let me turn it off. I've tried everything and it pretty quickly goes back to 8 seconds 

Red Giant

@userK41zE3kKTr wrote:

I haven't added or changed anything in any apps. There has to be a setting that will let me turn it off. I've tried everything and it pretty quickly goes back to 8 seconds 

Have you tried to activate developer options to see if it will help out? 

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/activate-developer-options-your-galaxy-s10-0194524/

There are usually settings that can override settings in your app. 

For example there were users who has issues with screen not turning off and there is a toggle in dev options that turns that off.

userK41zE3kKTr
Asteroid

That's cool. I'll see if I can find something there that will help. 

Jtretakoff
Constellation

Same for me, but it keeps resetting to 30 seconds for me.

Same for me, but it keeps resetting to 30 seconds for me.