cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrleon
Astronaut

Screen timeout

Hey everyone. I have a Galaxy s10e and my screen times out at the default 8 seconds. I have changed the settings several times but it keeps resetting back to the default. Can anyone tell me why its doing this and how I can fix it?

Leon.

6 REPLIES 6
usereTg79wNHSD
Constellation

Re: Screen timeout

I'm having this exact problem too on my S10. :-(

userE8filVgn9P
Constellation

I have the exact same thing on my S8+, since yesterday or the day before (8 or 9th of September)...very annoying. Optimize settings for battery are disabled, but still it jumps back to 8 seconds.

Seems really like a software bug. 

userk0PR8YaLlL
Constellation

Had the same problem with my s10plus.what i did is i uninstall the always on display app.screen timeout not anymore reverted to 8 seconds

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

userE8filVgn9P
Constellation

For me it was solved after uninstalling the app 'Always On Edge'. Appearantly other people had the same issue with AOE, I read in antoher thread. AOE appearantl fixed it in an update, though I haven't tried.

Black Hole

@Mrleon wrote:

Hey everyone. I have a Galaxy s10e and my screen times out at the default 8 seconds. I have changed the settings several times but it keeps resetting back to the default. Can anyone tell me why its doing this and how I can fix it?

Leon.

Have you checked option that is called "Optimize settings"?  Basically this option would optimized/change few settings when you are not using phone.