cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDh08F2pZq8
Constellation

Secure Folder s10+ not opening

Trying to get the combo to my safe located in the secure folder area.  After the finger pattern is entered the phone just freezes for about 20 seconds and then returns to the home screen.  I cleared cache and restarted the device-nada-same same.  Any guidance/suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
userUvgetE2KFv
Asteroid

I have the same problem have you had any luck???????

I have the same problem have you had any luck???????

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Secure Folder s10+ not opening

I know I've read other posts similar to this one where Galaxy users were able to reinstall the Secure Folder app from the Samsung and/or Google Play store and it fixed the issues. The problem is I don't see a reinstall option (or an option to uninstall). When clearing the app cache and data, ensure you're force stopping the Secure Folder app before doing so.

You can try wiping your cache partition by powering off/powering on holding volume up + bixby button + power button until Recovery loads, then wiping the cache partition, and rebooting.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

ubiquist
Constellation

Exact same problem. Were you able to fix it?

Cntrollerfanboy
Constellation

Having the exact same issue. I have not tried to fully clear the cache yet, but this issue should not be happening. I had the secure folder on my S8+ before upgrading and it was great. I got the S10+ and immediately I noticed the secure folder was not working. 

Here is my issues:

I turn on secure folder in the icon menu from the top bar. Once that is turned on, I got into my app drawer to see it there at the end. I click on it, and it gives me the option for finger print or pin. I remember specifically when i set it up, and what that pin was, which was different than my normal phone pin. Fingerprint "works". It reads it and then just goes back to the home page, but does not open the secure folder app. I know the app knows my pin, because when i put in the incorrect one, it says it's wrong. When it is correct, and I hit OK, it does nothing. It just sits there on the pin screen and I can hit OK as many times as possible with no effect. 

I have only found these few posts online for this issue, but no solutions. I saw something about force stopping the app, and uninstalling it, but I think it's now a preinstalled app that cannot be removed. In the store it shows it is installed, but no option to uninstall. I just want to clear it, and re setup the whole app, but I cannot seem to find that option. Also note, if I go to any photo or message or note in my phone and click the "Add to Secure Folder" option, it does not do anything. It still stays there, and just acts like I backed out of the command. So something is definitely wrong with the app, and I have not idea what that might be. Something is stuck after the login where it never gets to that folder. Almost like it thought it created the secure space and folder, but then it tries to access it and cannot find it, and then the devs did not account for this case so it does not display any error or notification to say what is wrong. Also note, I am not rooted or running any 3rd party software that might be turning the access off. I noticed there is an error message that will display if it detects that, but that is not the case here. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Here are the steps: 

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.