cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_R5HBcte
Astronaut

Security Issue with face recognition

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**** SECURITY ISSUE **** I love the galaxy s10 but there is huge issue with face recognition. Unfortunately the face recognition is not secure at all.

1. If your eyes is closed, someone still can open ur phone by holding it in front of your face.

2. If you have facial hair like beard and you set your face recognition, someone else with similar facial hair can open your phone.

This is major issue with samsung and i hope they solve it fast.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Security Issue with face recognition

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a known fact. Samsung themselves explain the face unlock is not secure and it's there only as a convenience feature. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a known fact. Samsung themselves explain the face unlock is not secure and it's there only as a convenience feature. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

user5wzyrf014V
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not use face unlock it is not secure, Samsung really should just remove ot as an option for security. It is useless, ita nowhere near Apples face id scan.