cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Security Updates

With Android 10 using Google play store for Security Updates, when do they become available. We are supposed to receive them faster so I would have figured they would have downloaded and installed on the first of the month. Or is this feature only available on the unlocked phones

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Security Updates

Anyone know the answer, or does it not apply to another phone running android 10

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This is not a good enough answer to my question.  It’s the only answer you always give to the question about updates.  The android.com website states 

Android devices already get regular security updates. And in Android 10, you'll get them even faster and easier. With Google Play system updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So, you get these fixes as soon as they are available.  You might want to read up on the new features with android 10 so you can answer the questions everyone has. Sorry for being so blunt about your reply, we just want answers with out having to comb thru the web to find it ourselves. Thank you

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This is not a good enough answer to my question.  It’s the only answer you always give to the question about updates.  The android.com website states  Android devices already get regular security updates. And in Android 10, you'll get them even faster and easier. With Google Play system updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So, you get these fixes as soon as they are available.  You might want to read up on the new features with android 10 so you can answer the questions everyone has.  Sorry for being so blunt about your reply, we just want answers with out having to comb thru the web to find it ourselves.  Thank youThis is not a good enough answer to my question. It’s the only answer you always give to the question about updates. The android.com website states Android devices already get regular security updates. And in Android 10, you'll get them even faster and easier. With Google Play system updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So, you get these fixes as soon as they are available. You might want to read up on the new features with android 10 so you can answer the questions everyone has. Sorry for being so blunt about your reply, we just want answers with out having to comb thru the web to find it ourselves. Thank you

Highlighted
Constellation

Auto update setting might be switched to only update when connected to wifi. Check those settings.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

All updates are set for both. I'm getting updates, I just thought we were supposed to get the Security Updates faster with android 10 the way I'm reading it anyways