cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingS019
Asteroid

Security policy prevents use of nfc

I'm currently in the Samsung insight program using the galaxy s10+. After recently updating my phone I can no longer activate NFC even after clearing the system cache and booting in safe mode. I can still use Samsung pay luckly but can not do anything else. I don't know if it is because I'm using a insight device but I cant find any reasons for it to be disabled. Please help

6 REPLIES 6
Neutron Star

Re: Security policy prevents use of nfc

@KingS019 wrote:

I'm currently in the Samsung insight program using the galaxy s10+. After recently updating my phone I can no longer activate NFC even after clearing the system cache and booting in safe mode. I can still use Samsung pay luckly but can not do anything else. I don't know if it is because I'm using a insight device but I cant find any reasons for it to be disabled. Please help

Any errors given? If yes, screenshot would be good

KingS019
Asteroid

This pops up everytime I try to turn nfc on from the drop menu. Its greyed out in the settings.Screenshot_20190910-013610_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190910-013809_Settings.jpg

Neutron Star

@KingS019 wrote:

This pops up everytime I try to turn nfc on from the drop menu. Its greyed out in the settings.Screenshot_20190910-013610_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190910-013809_Settings.jpg

What happens when you not tap the icon in quick settings, but tap and hold it?

You could go to settings>biometrics and security>other security settings and there is an option to "clear credentials. 

If you have a special profile on your phone that is important and it stores work related credentials or some other sercurity policies, then I wouldn't clear it.

KingS019
Asteroid

No special profiles so I have no worries for that. Still...

No special profiles so I have no worries for that. Still didnt fix my problem. Holding the nfc icon just takes me to the nfc menu where i still can't turn nfc on

Samsung Care Ambassador

Do you have a work related account on your phone? It is possible that they have pushed a policy to your phone to prevent NFC use for security reasons. 

Highlighted
KingS019
Asteroid

There are no other accounts on my phone other than my Sam...

There are no other accounts on my phone other than my Samsung account