cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tallboyb
Constellation

Sets off Inventory Control in Stores

When entering and exiting most retail stores my phone sets off the inventory control at the door. It is becoming annoying to have to explain why the alarm went off as I entered, let alone as I exit. Anyone else have this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Sets off Inventory Control in Stores

Hey @tallboyb, I hope you are doing well.

I got to say this is a new one for me. By chance, do you have a case on your device?

If so, please make sure there is no stickers/magnet's on them.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
tallboyb
Constellation

Rydah,

Yes there is a case. No stickers or magnets on the case. However, there is a small sticker on the back of the phone, looks like a QR code. i wasn't sure if this should be removed or not. Thank you for suggestion. Brian

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @tallboyb - have you entered/exited retail stores recently without your phone on you to rule it out? I ran into a similar issue a couple of years ago...at first I thought it was my phone, but it turned out one of those metallic anti-theft stickers was left inside a boot of mine so I'd set off the inventory alarms every now and again. Doubtful that the QR code sticker would set off inventory alarms...shouldn't cause any harm however to remove it just to rule it out. Phones and EAS (electronic article surveillance) operate in entirely different frequency ranges, so the chances of your phone setting one off is quite unlikely.

Additionally, retail stores drop millions of $$$ on anti-theft equipment for their inventory...if phones were setting them off, the false alarms would have a "cry wolf" effect and retail chains would certainly expect a fix. Definitely check your clothing you wear regularly - wallet, shoes, jacket, vests, hats, etc. to make sure you don't have a random sticker or anti-theft RF ID tag somehow stuck in one of them.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Sun

Hey, 

If you already haven't you might try turning off nfc and nearby device scanning and any app or service that broadcasts the phones presence. It's a strange thing and I know you can't have that. First time I've ever heard of a galaxy causing this.

CLF