cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user7J92Lvc0qE
Asteroid

Setting notification sounds for text messages BY CONTACT

I just traded in my S5 which DID have the feature for INDIVIDUAL sound notifications per contact when receiving text messages.  Imagine my dismay when I discovered my new S10 has no such capability.  So let me get this straight...you removed the capability to set a sound notification per individual contact and made it "conversation-based"?  What purpose could that possibly serve and why remove that capability from an app that worked just fine? Sorry, but IMO, the "solution" proposed for the same issue with the S9 is beyond lame.  I get far more text messages than phone calls and regardless of the number of folks on the "conversation", I want to know WHO in my contact list is responding to the message thread.  And in the spirit of the upcoming anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing, "This is one small step backwards for Samsung and one giant leap backwards for your users".  Please fix this.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Setting notification sounds for text messages BY CONTACT

This is an Android thing not something Samsung decided. I believe that it was deprecated in Android 8.

user7J92Lvc0qE
Asteroid

Re: Setting notification sounds for text messages BY CONTACT

Okay, it's an Android thing, but Samsung needs to get those jerks to un-depricate it.  Complete and total stupidity and lack of understanding of real life user needs.  Wow, they actually have a field for "relationship" in the Contacts data.  Seriously???  I can't imagine entering a contact and needing to populate a field to remind me what my relationship is with that person.  I already know my relationship with that contact, fer cryin' out loud! You gotta be kidding me.  C'mon Samsung, get Android to change this! 

toomuch4u57
Asteroid

I use that Zedge for your ringtones or notifications you...

I use that Zedge for your ringtones or notifications you can set up when you pick it you can set it right for the contact you want it'll come back and ask you who you want to put it with. Pick contact hit set. But,you do have too allow thempermission