cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Should I request an exchange?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I saw a few people here in the forum, who had several issues with their S10. Like overheating even in normal conditions or the proximity sensor not working properly. I too have these issues, my S10 gets really warm while just being on Instagram or WhatsApp. Even when I turn it on from Standby, it's often very hot around the display, I checked if any background apps are causing this, but no. 

Also, I noticed a very bad touch latency issue (especially with the keyboard, no matter which) which prevents me from a fast typing style that I'm used to. It often just don't recognizes a letter and so on I misspell quite much. 

A few people around here said they sent their S10 back to Samsung and got a new one exchanged. Which solved any issues.

What do you guys think?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Should I request an exchange?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userZ5nE9pq9Uz, I'm sorry to hear aout these troubles you're having with your S10. Before sending it back, I'd suggest you try doing a factory reset on your device and seeing if the issue persists after. If the overheating on normal usage is still there, you should contact whoever you purchased it from to look into replacing it. Some things that may cause this is background apps (which you already checked) and using your device in areas with poor cell reception.

May I please know what your current baseband version is? You can find this information in: Settings>About phone>Software information

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userZ5nE9pq9Uz, I'm sorry to hear aout these troubles you're having with your S10. Before sending it back, I'd suggest you try doing a factory reset on your device and seeing if the issue persists after. If the overheating on normal usage is still there, you should contact whoever you purchased it from to look into replacing it. Some things that may cause this is background apps (which you already checked) and using your device in areas with poor cell reception.

May I please know what your current baseband version is? You can find this information in: Settings>About phone>Software information

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told there was no exchange policy for samsung and they made me return my phone and order a new one.  I am still waitying for a replacement with my second order stuck on hold and no idea if they will honor the pre-order e-certificates.  I would make sure that there is no other alternative before going that route if you purchased through Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 14 days they will not exchange, unless you're way more charming than me on the phone! After 14 days they'll tell you to take it to a ubreakifix (which last I checked has no parts to fix the phone, I took it to two, and neither one had it) and then eventually they'll have you mail it in. Hopefully you have a spare (or your service provider can loan you a phone) otherwise be prepared to do what I did: buy another phone as a spare while yours is repaired.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never had these issues on my S10 so far I'll definitely keep an eye out for that

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck!  I sent my S7 to Plano Texas 3 times.  The third time was for an exchange.  So far, I have been given one run around after another.  So noww, I have no phone and no answers.  I was given a Case Management ticket number to get this straightened out.  I was to get a call back within 48 hours.  Guess what?  No call back AND my ticket # was canceled.  I am told that the Exchange request is complete.  BUT there is no record of a phone being sent back to me!!!  H E L P !!!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Replace it. It may be a defective unit

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replace it. It may be a defective unit