cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Since getting Android 10 can no longer get Google Weather app?

With Android P on my S10, used to be able to search for "weather" using the Google app, and was able to add the Google weather app to my home screen via a "3 dot" menu that came up as part of what looked like a weather app screen. Well, now with Android 10, I don't get that anymore when I search for "weather" on the Google app, I just get a flat display of the weather, no app-look to it and no 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner.

So I'm asking myself, has Samsung done me the favor of excluding the Google weather app from my S10? If so, there's little enough in Android 10 for me that I'd be happy to go back to Android P to get a simple, uncluttered weather app. Sad to say that, but this makes me really unhappy.

Does anyone with an S10 running Android 10 see the app-like screen with a 3 dot menu when they search for "weather" in the Google app? I'm making do with Accuweather for the time being, but it's much more cluttered and spread out than the Google Weather app was...so I really want the Google Weather app back.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Since getting Android 10 can no longer get Google Weather app?

I am seeing the 3 dot menu when I search for "weather" in the Google app on my Note 10 plus. Do you have the latest Google app installed?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I see what happened now. I had the Google app disabled for a while, and brought it back to look for the weather app. There was an update installed after I brought it back, so I thought that I was using the latest version. However, it wasn't until after I flushed the Google app data and cache, and force stopped it, that I was actually running the latest Google app. And whaddaya know? The Google weather app was available to be put on my home page. 

So even after I demonstrated my own incompetence, still had a happy ending :-).

Samsung Care Ambassador

Glad that you solved it!