JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Single tap option to answer calls missing

(Topic created: 04-09-2020 03:26 AM)
Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I used to have the option in accessibility to set a single tap on the answer/end calls to answer a call. Now after the OneUI update it has gone back to me having to slide the Answer/end call button Is there a way to get the single tap back?
24 Replies
Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am getting the Samsung Galaxy S20 on March 6th and I will report back if this software change has been made to easily switch to "tap" to answer calls/dismiss alarms/meetings, etc.  Hopefully, it's no longer buried in the assistant menu.

0 Likes
Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately, the solution is the exact same for the S20 as it was for the S10. The setting is still within the assistant menu. Horrible. Using Verizon on the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. 

userIKMp3ACUMn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

And here I thought I was the only one having this tap option problem to answer calls.   My phone is Galaxy A20.

Every time Samsung does an update, the phone settings are changed.

What a PITA !!!

KAIOTE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a solution to the assistant menu/symbol appearing in the notification bar, but there's a slight catch.

Once you enable single tap to answer and then press and hold the floating Assistant menu icon on the home page and remove it, you then have that menu appear in the notification bar.

In order to make it (temporarily) completely disappear, go to settings > apps > upper right 3 dots menu > select show system apps > select Accessibility > select force stop.

As I said, this is a temporary fix as once the phone is restarted, either the floating icon returns on the home page or the Accessibility menu returns to the notification bar (I've noticed no rhyme or reason to which one will appear after a restart, as I've had one and not the other return on multiple occasions). You simply will have to return to the settings menu and force stop the app again upon every restart.

It may seem annoying ('cause it is) but I've found that this works for me and I'm able to answer calls and silence/turn off alarms with one tap. Hope this workaround works for you guys and gals as well!

0 Likes
Bryansanders22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
@userxcS1k1chmr go into the assistant menu> and click show as edge icon. seems you can no longer hide it, but you can leave it on the edge vs. randomly floating on screen. still very annoying
0 Likes