JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Single tap option to answer calls missing

(Topic created: 03-10-2019 11:08 PM)
Durstee235
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I used to have the option in accessibility to set a single tap on the answer/end calls to answer a call. Now after the OneUI update it has gone back to me having to slide the Answer/end call button Is there a way to get the single tap back?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Detailzguy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The biggest issue here though is that the solution is temporary. When the phone's screen locks, upon turning the screen back on, the assitant window (four squares in a circle) re-appears in the area you drug it to to hide it. Uggh. I wish Samsung would try harder to get system's implementations right before releasing updates. Why not go more vanilla android, let Google figure it out for them, and then overlay partial enhancements that make vanilla andriod betteer (e.g. dare I say, Motorola)?

Options
Galaxy S Phones

The option to get rod of the menu seems to have been removed in the latest update. If you close it it no longer works to single tap to answer calls. This is crazy and annoying for no reason

userxcS1k1chmr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I used to be able to just tap to answer calls and turn off alarms and then an update happened and complicated things. The. I had to open the accessibility menu, turn on that option and either suffer a floating icon or luckily move that to the status bar. Now the option to move it to the status bar is gone. I know that not many people use their phones for calls these days but while working from home I definitely do now. And it is a great pain to have to swipe, especially since it doesn't register the swipe 90% of the time. Why is this not a standard option that doesn't imply I need a special setup on my phone? Please fix this as a permanent floating icon is really annoying for the rest of my phone functionality.

user9zGXMx3Qev
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately the X doesn't show on my A41.
Why isn't the option to set a single tap to answer calls still in Accessibility?
What was the purpose of this change other than to irritate the users?

I'm confused.

userNmG8jvzfUp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

On the home screen, hold onto the assistant menu circle for a few seconds and an option to hide it will appear.

However, it'll remain in your notification drawer, for which I'm still trying to find a permanent way to disable that.

0 Likes
mcfasa09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This reply needs to be marked as the answer, and not the one currently marked as of 4/15/19. Thank you for the info!

0 Likes
userrYceit8bGW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks  Bryansanders22

You solution fixed my issue!

usermVMnTUoapf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dexterity doesn't change NOTHING on S10 good try

0 Likes
userrKmHY9qSup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the info!  Made my changes and hope this helps.  Sad you have to search for help on how to answer your PHONE.  Made this change and increased the sensitivity of the screen.  Frustrating when you hang up on calls.

usergdmVpiICQd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's 2020 and Samsung still in their wisdom has not figured out how to fix the tap tissue. Just put an option in settings for swiping or tapping. It's just that simple. What's not simple is forcing us to have to deal with the assistant menu each and every time we start up the phone in order to have one tap phone answering. And yes I know I can set it to answer with my volume button. I don't want that.