cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Red Giant

Re: Slow Motion Editor Issue

that's not an issue. it is designed that way. u can suggest samsung to change that but highly doubt that samsung would fix unless there are millions of ppl petitioning for this feature. i would just use 3rd party app that would do what you want.

userxF2I3S4sht
Constellation

Why would they design it so that you can make a section of slow motion larger, but not return it to its original size? What would that requirement look like? 

userj2WsiYvpbC
Constellation

Problems I found in the video editor:
-It's almost impossible to shorten the videos.
-It is almost impossible to move/extend the moments in slow motion.
-Once the slow motion time is extended, it cannot be shortened again, making it super long for the purpose.
-You cannot add moments in slow motion.
-Once a moment is removed in slow motion, it is not possible to add it again.

userlVf2yiWvMs
Astronaut

This limit used to be nonexistent.

Then it was 5 seconds of slow motion (5/8ths of a second of real-world footage).

Then it was 10% of the full shot's length.

Now it's 25% of the full shot's length.

It makes no sense. Combine this with the overall new design of the camera app as a whole and...just...wow. :\ annoying. Now it's quite literally impossible to have a "normal" video shot combined with slow motion, because nobody wants to watch a 4-second video where 3 seconds are normal and 8 seconds are slow motion, when only a tenth of a second needed to be slomo.

MTBR
Constellation

This issue or intended function whichever it is is definitely a let down. I do not recall the S8 functioning like this. The S9 has one of the best phone cameras out there and the slow motion is awesome EXCEPT for the editing. Indeed not being able to select smaller portions to apply the slow motion to makes it unusable.

Advanced phone, advanced camera, advanced users right? Just like we can't share videos that aren't trimmed properly we can't share videos that have to much slow motion on the front or back end of the action we want in slow mo. That's amateur and viewers will move along. Too short of attention span these days.

Is this something that can be fixed in an update?

Anybody find a 3rd party app to use?

Thanks!

userJeItW9BHw9
Constellation

All the messages with the theme "it's not a bug, it's a feature" are full of it. First, the behavior changed from what you would expect (e.g. actually being able to trim the overall video) from a version from last year before they broke it. Second, the behavior today is self-contradictory: the initial slowmo section selected on a short video is shorter than allowed, because as soon as you touch the slider it makes it longer. So if violating the principle of least astonishment and self-contradiction aren't bugs, then I'll just throw in the towel as a professional software developer...

Also, I just made sure to update to the latest version, which just adds pointless stickers and fixes nothing, and given that it requires access to your contacts list to update (which I had manually revoked before), I don't even know how it auto-updated itself at one point in the past from the actually-working version (except for all the glitches with long tapping the timeline zooming in and getting stuck). Oh right, the phone itself forcibly auto-updates on you after 12 hours of ignoring it after finally downloading on wifi after forcibly task switching on you, even from a camera app that connects to a camera via its own built-in wifi (hint: it's not an internet connection, and there are wifi hotspots that use cell data too!). Oh, and the Continue Update notification doesn't even work to tap - you gotta manually go into the phone settings to finish installing it... How about fix the updater with the next update!