cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Slow app performance

After the two previous updates my messages app starting performing very slowly. When I receive a message and open the conversation I get a black screen for a few seconds then a message from let's say an hour or two before shows then after about 10 seconds the new message will pop up. Also after I finished typing my message it takes about 3-5 seconds to pop up on the feed which is to me compared to when I took this phone out of the box.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Slow app performance

Hey @Samsung_YSHZSjA ,

Try clearing the cache here are the steps.

1. Shut the phone down
  2. Press and hold power and volume up until you get to the android recovery screen.
  3. Using the Volume Down button navigate to wipe system cache and tap the power button
  4. Use Volume Down to navigate to yes and tap the power button.
  5. Once at the main menu tap the power to reboot.

Just to be safe I would backup your data in case something goes wrong but as long as you follow the steps it will be ok.  If this was helpful please leave a like and mark accept as a solution. 

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

Highlighted
Galaxy

Try installing Galaxy Labs app .there is a App booster and battery tracker

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello, I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would recommend to try to do a soft reset on the phone so any bugs that the phone might have will go away. The way to do this is by holding the down button and the lock button on the right. Hold both those buttons at the same time until you see the Samsung logo, this should help. If continuing with any issues please contact me and I will be right here to assist. Have a wonderful day today. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

have you tried using google messages? you might find it prety useful condering it can be used for web aswell! i havent expereinced anything bad with receiving messages or media or updates! if you plan to stick to the native messaging app i would follow up with the recommended steps the users provided. also reach out to a @samsungmoderator to further assist you! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've done all the troubleshoot methods you guys mentioned and thank you for the advice but unfortunately the app is still sluggish.