cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Slow wireless charging

Good evening,

So, after 1 month of using the Samsung wireless charger (EP-N5200) I've noticed that it got quite slow while charging, plus the charger stopped making that much noise while charging and didn't get as hot.

I measured charging times:

With cable: 10 minutes ~ 10%

Wireless*: 10 minutes ~ 6/7%

* Keep in mind it does say fast charging.

I cleared the cache partition, did the battery plug out turn off method and also charged in safe mode, all results were the same.

I also tried 2 USB-C to USB-C cables but didn't try another wall brick cause I don't have one

Can someone help me out?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Slow wireless charging

part of the reason might be is that the pad doesn't support fast wireless charging there is the 9Wat charger that you might have that gives you base standard charging then the 15Wat wireless chargers from Samsung those 15wat ones will indicate (fast wireless charging) 2. another tip is make sure you go into settings and make sure fast wireless charging is turned on and that the power brick supports fast wired charging like the 15Wat wireless one if it's not working then it's probably not the fast brick
Highlighted
Constellation

Good evening,

It had the special super fast charging Samsung brick, it had fast charging options on too... Just a faulty charger most likely... I've  returned it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale for the charger:
Model Code for the charger:
Serial/IMEI Number for the charger:

Model number and IMEI for the phone:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Good evening, 

Sadly it's too late... I've sent the charger back to Amazon with no intentions to buy another one. Really bad experience for such an expensive charger...

Thanks anyway.