cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smart Lock not working after Android 10 update

Thanks.  Will give this a try!  Sounds promising.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Have checked battery optimisation and system access for play services. Still having this issue after the 10 update. Have a note 10.  Connected to a trusted device, in a trusted place and it still won't smart unlock

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks! This didn't solve for me, but improved a lot. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here with a Galaxy S9 after the Android 10 update. Phone sometimes does not unlock even when connected to a trusted BT device (it does show as connected in the Smart Lock settings when that happens). Very frustrating when driving and you have to enter a PIN (fingerprint and face unlock are harder in that situation). Trusted devices worked consistently fine with Android 9...

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here - S9 on Pie. Every time I get in my  (trusted device) car I need to manually unlock, as above with difficulty when driving! Have tried clearing play services cache etc but no joy

Highlighted
Constellation

@userOEUJ359Dp

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

1. In developer menu toggle "trust agents only extend unlock" on then off

2. clear data cache in system recovery menu (shut down then power on while holding Bixby and Vol-up buttons) as per thedroidguy.com

I don't know if both steps are necessary or if there's any risk of data loss from clearing that cache, but it worked for me -good luck!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Are you sure you are on Android Pie? That's Android 9, not Android 10. I haven't had these issues until I upgraded from Android 9 (Pie) to 10.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry, you're right, this occurred on upgrade from Pie to 10. The fix described is still working, unlocks every time, without having to repeat the process

Highlighted
Asteroid

That's good to know. Did you lose anything after clearing the cache? Is is like a factory reset?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOEUJ359Dpn Clearing the cache temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.