cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHEEDA93
Asteroid

Software for GalaxyS10 Plus hasn't been updated sent February

My unlock GalaxyS 10 plus the software hasn't been updated sent February 1,2019. I don't know what to do. When I go to settings, software update, it's says it's currently up to date. Is anybody ever experienced this problem before . Is there something I could do Manually?

7 REPLIES 7
EonDrache
Cosmic Ray

Re: Software for GalaxyS10 Plus hasn't been updated sent February

If you can, try downloading smart switch on a laptop or computer and you can update the software through that.

SHEEDA93
Asteroid

Thanks I will try that I hope it works

userUzSmAMfTlN
Constellation

You can also try going to settings and changing the date to 2 or 3 from now and check again. (a reboot could help in this too )

Samsung_qgAR5Pa
Astronaut

If your device is carrier unlocked and you are using a different carrier from the original carrier who unlocked the phone there is only 2 ways to update the software. You can use smart switch or if you have the original carriers sims card take your sims card out, pop the carrier sims card that the device was originally unlocked from, power on the device, it will tell you device needs to restart to read original device carriers sims card, let the device restart, connect to a wifi network, go under settings, software update, click update and the device will update. After that you can take the old sim card out of your device and put your carriers sims card in that you are using now and it will prompt you to restart the device and once it's back powered on your device will be updated to the latest software. Like if you have verizon wireless unlocked but you are using at&t carriers, you would take the at&t sim card out of the slot and put the Verizon sim card in just temporary while your update the device using wifi connection to the newest software update. I actually have to do this everytime a new software update comes out and it works doing it this way. Nothing will be erased and your device wont be harmed. You are only doing this to get the latest update. It's a way of tricking the galaxy s10 or galaxy note 10 by making the device think you are using the carrier the device was made for. Just keep up with sammobles latest updates to your device model and each time you can do this as long as you keep the sim card the device originally came with. If you dont have it, the best thing to do is just use the smart switch app connected to a compatible laptop or computer. Good luck.

SHEEDA93
Asteroid

Omg this is going to be harder then I thought 🤦‍♀️I'm not to familiar with the smart switch trying to download it on the computer. Do you think if I buy an AT&t SIM card and do it the first way that you said it will work because I don't have the original SIM card the phone came with

Sir_Garrison
Astronaut

I had an AT&T Samsung Galaxy s8+ phone using cricket service and I didn't get an update for over a year. I tried putting in an at&t sim card and that didn't work and I also tried to manually updating via a computer and still couldn't get it to update. Sadly I never found a solution ☹

Highlighted
Samsung_JJLAC
Astronaut

If anything, go into Samsung Members app and register for the beta for Android 10?