cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCUZXlgLxzC
Constellation

Solution: REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED

I detailed my S10 issues here...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/S10-DEAD-Lemon-Horrible-experience/m-p/548734#M11637

Original Problem:
HARDWARE ISSUE - TEMPERATURE ISSUES - PHONE IS WARM WHILE IN USE 

Problem found:
NO POWER UP - CAMERA FAILURE 

Solution:
REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED

Does anybody have details or experice with these solutions?    

I have mixed feelings about a repaired device I have owned for 1 month now, in my hands for fewer than 3 weeks, 1+ week at Local Samsung repair shop and then shipped back to Samsung.  I am unceratin why they refuse to replace with a new device.

I was supposed to receive the repaired device today, however UPS has delayed delivery.  The hits just keep coming...   

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Leinz
Galaxy

Re: Solution: REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA - S/W UPDATED

PBA refers to mainboard, and PBA is Product Board Assembly.

When you're an early adopter bugs aren't unexpected. This is applicable to electronics, cars, medications, etc. Bad yields fall thru the cracks, it happens. That's why Samsung replaced yours. 

userBooRUAdyYG
Constellation

Same just happened to me. Had it for about 45 days.

userr7dyI7alQH
Constellation

And make me #3.  Might ticket said LTE Calibration Failed

Replaced PBA and Update S/W

S10+ 3 weeks old,  LTE after two weeks would not work unless you were 100 feet or two from a Cell Tower.  This was on T-Mobile, the T-mobile forums are littered with the same complaint and issue I am having.  I think there is a major issue with these being pushed under a rug.

soularmor7
Constellation

Same thing here. I was one of the preorders of the S10. Randomly lost my T-Mobile LTE connection last week. My phone only worked on WiFi. T-Mobile tech couldn’t figure it out. Sent the phone to Samsung for warranty repair. Just got an email back tonight saying LTE Calibration Failure. Replaced PBA. We’ll see how the device works when I get it back next week.
soularmor7
Constellation

I'm happy to report that after having my S10 back for 2 weeks since the PBA replacement it's working great! It was a bummer to be without my phone for 10 days but I'm really glad this happened so Samsung could replace the motherboard. I'm now realizing that the PBA replacement fixed other issues that I didn't even know were a problem. One example... and this is a huge one... my S10 was burning battery like crazy overnight. If I didn't have it plugged in it would lose 18% battery overnight doing absolutley nothing. That's with everything turned off... wifi, data, AOD, etc... all off. Still burned 18%. Since the PBA replacement I now lose only 3-4% overnight. I'm very pleased.
userwqYj3Y9qjk
Constellation

same here, replaced PBA on a brand new phone, I owned less than a month. Guess you are lucky if the issue happens within the first 14 days

Bernardos70
Asteroid

Same here. Replaced PBA. It's running great now, so it was worth it. Wish ubreakifixit had the parts to fix it. Or at least diagnose it correctly (they said everything was fine with it......)

jlee7653
Constellation

I had my Samsung Galaxy S9 for less than a month and I had a problem with the Samsung Health App jumping ahead 4 hours while walking when I had only walked for about 1 hour.  And I also had a problem with getting a invalid address entered message when sending a group text message, but when sending a individual text it worked fine.  I waiting on my phone to get back from Samsung now.

Wolflingdaddy
Constellation

Very similar thing happening to me.

Got the phone on release day, March 8. Started having issues after a week. I was on the phone and in the  Sprint store. After my second visit there (they had made it worse by trying to reflash the modem) when the phone was completely unusable as a phone, they ordered me a replacement that didn't get here until a few days ago (took 10 days).  Issue is that I bought the phone from Samsung Direct and after some discussions, they suggested I send mine to them for repair/replace- didn't want to lose my warranty or pay almost double for Sprint's program. My repaired phone is now on it's way here and when I get it and confirm that it works properly I'll return Sprint's S10+ plus the loaner they gave me and be done. Yeesh.