cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMh93UdW2bt
Constellation

Re: Speech to Text Features Missing on the S10

When you use the text to speech even turning on the auto spell check, it still does not work. Thanks though!

userCjZnju47zA
Constellation

I am totally with you on this. I loved the sub feature in my 7s edge  . My 10s+ is not at all user-friendly now for speech-to-text.

userMLKTdshe9Q
Constellation

Same. Very upset... and my words are way off. 

userMLKTdshe9Q
Constellation

Gboard from Google play fixes this!!! All my words are correct again and I am able to go back to fix a work with out it jumping and deleting the while word or capitalizing the word I'm trying to fix. I was about to return my phone lol. I use speech to text all the time. Definitely download Gboard and your phone will be back to normal like the s7

userL665vSomV5
Constellation

THIS TOTALLY WORKED!!!

Samsung_rvVRUR2
Astronaut

I have the S9 and my talk to text AND word prediction is TERRIBLE!! This was a feature I used regularly with my S7. Miss it so much. Hate this phone. Samsung got it wrong. This phone is definitely not an improvement!!

useraLqNhauq0Z
Astronaut

Go to setting language input then on screen keyboard, then click manage keyboard and select google  voice typing.  By default it's set to both google and Samsung 

When you change it just to google you can hold Down the incorrect words and it will give you suggestions.  The samsung voice type does not

userJbIhOpYcUW
Astronaut

I'm telling you I'm completely about to go to an Apple because this is so ridiculous!

@Samsung_G8axUYX wrote:

The best feature that I used every single day on my S7 was speech to text. I would be able to tap on the incorrect word and the phone would give me other words that I simply tapped on to change it to the correct word right in the middle of the message.

In other words I'd say the word along and the phone would type alone instead. Then with one finger tap on that word, the S7 would pull up 3 or 4 words that sound similar that I could tap on once and it would be replaced.

This feature is completely missing on the S10. Even when I tap on the wrong word the s10 software would bring the cursor back to the end of the paragraph.

This is very frustrating.

I use to use this feature all the time because it was so much easier and quicker to chat with people. Now, they think I'm ignoring them because I'm not going to type a message while I'm in the car. (not driving)

I'm hoping for an update to bring this feature back soon because I really miss it. I still have a couple weeks to return this phone, save a lot of money and just get an older model. I really don't want to have to do that.

Is there an app that I can install that will bring this feature back?

Thanks,

Mike-

@Samsung_G8axUYX wrote:

The best feature that I used every single day on my S7 was speech to text. I would be able to tap on the incorrect word and the phone would give me other words that I simply tapped on to change it to the correct word right in the middle of the message.

In other words I'd say the word along and the phone would type alone instead. Then with one finger tap on that word, the S7 would pull up 3 or 4 words that sound similar that I could tap on once and it would be replaced.

This feature is completely missing on the S10. Even when I tap on the wrong word the s10 software would bring the cursor back to the end of the paragraph.

I use to use this feature all the time because it was so much easier and quicker to chat with people. Now, they think I'm ignoring them because I'm not going to type a message while I'm in the car. (not driving)

I'm hoping for an update to bring this feature back soon because I really miss it. I still have a couple weeks to return this phone, save a lot of money and just get an older model. I really don't want to have to do that.

Thanks,

Mike-

@Samsung_G8axUYX wrote:

Thanks,

Mike-